Chiappa Little Badger Folding Rifle .22LR/.22Magnum single-shot

Anybody have a Chiappa Little Badger?

Saw one at Riley's for $215, was tempted, but at that price I resisted the purchase impulse. Looks like they go for about $135 on GunBroker, or $150 from CDT.

2m29lx2.jpg

Same company also makes the "Double Badger", with .22 over .410 and a real stock.

Wow. I wonder how accurate they are. But that is a cool minimalistic kit (ok, minus the ridiculous MARS sight).

Hmm...Small and lightweight. Says the stock is adjustable for length. $135ish on GB? With a threaded barrel and rimfire can, this might be a quiet little "vermin depredation device" for around the house. (ok, minus the ridiculous MARS sight).

One report of a design/assembly flaw. First mod everybody thinks of is wrapping the stock in paracord.
v8iipe.jpg

(Pictures shamelessly stolen from Oleg Volk)

Hmm...Small and lightweight. Says the stock is adjustable for length. $135ish on GB? With a threaded barrel and rimfire can, this might be a quiet little "vermin depredation device" for around the house. (ok, minus the ridiculous MARS sight).
With Quiet-22 or CBs, might be sufficiently low-noise even for people in non-can-friendly states.

In for 2; Need one to be .22Magnum for groundhog control.

Last edited:
I have one in 22lr.

for what it actually is, it's down right amazing!

not that there are many features to it but the trigger is light and crisp. It did take me about 20 rounds to get used to holding it with the rail section behind the trigger. After I got comfortable with it and got my sights adjusted I was able to put 100rds thru the same 1" hole at about 25 feet with just the open sights and offhand.

Are the rail sections, particularly the one behind the trigger removable? Absent the "someday" pistol grip, I can't see the rear rail adding anything other than an uncomfortable spot to hold.

I have one in 22lr.

for what it actually is, it's down right amazing!

not that there are many features to it but the trigger is light and crisp. It did take me about 20 rounds to get used to holding it with the rail section behind the trigger. After I got comfortable with it and got my sights adjusted I was able to put 100rds thru the same 1" hole at about 25 feet with just the open sights and offhand.

So... it's a 12 MOA rifle?

Are the rail sections, particularly the one behind the trigger removable? Absent the "someday" pistol grip, I can't see the rear rail adding anything other than an uncomfortable spot to hold.
That rail section I believe does not come off but the 4 pieces for the hand guard do. It's not that uncomfortable just a bit diffrent.
So... it's a 12 MOA rifle?
I'm sure I could have moved the target further away and achieved similar results. This is just where I had my targets set to as I was also shooting with a friend who had never been shooting before

For survival

Why not get the savage model 42? It gives you the .22 you need for small game with a backup .410 shot shell for bird hunting at nearly the same price... ?

For survival Why not get the savage model 42? It gives you the .22 you need for small game with a backup .410 shot shell for bird hunting at nearly the same price... ?
Nearly the same? Or double? MSRP on the Model 42 is $485; lowest I've seen a new 42 is $360.

Chiappa makes the "Double Badger" which has a .22LR over .410 it's heaver than the M42, but has real wood and is as much as a hundred bucks less than the Savage.

Apparently the rear rail is narrower than a standard Picatinny; I wonder if a Magpul AFG/RVG would fit?

I'm thinking of the Little Badger mostly for the unique look, low price and threaded barrel, not really as a deep backwoods survival rifle.

The rails look like they are made of polymer from the pictures? You can always throw some rail covers on, instead of leaving it naked.

I have one of these and it's really fun to shoot. The sights are quite nice (though rear sight is plastic), they are modeled on the M1 Carbine.

I'd like to try a .22 magnum also!

Back
Top Bottom