• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cheapest Shield 9mm?

Yea, I realized it wasn't worth it after I asked. In all honesty I hate Four Seasons, part of the reason I'm looking for it elsewhere. My favorite shop (Baystate Firearms) is a little bit more but I'll probably get it from them if I finally decide on buying it. It's good to know what other prices are out there, that's all.

Northeast Arms in Peabody has them on sale this week for $349 before the $75 rebate

Don't forget you pay Mass sales tax on pre-rebate price...

Last edited:
Four Seasons has the M&P .45 and it qualifies for the $75 mail-in rebate...

"Shield .45 is $369.95 less $75 rebate = $294.95" from: http://fsguns.com/

Last edited:
The sale this week is only for the 9mm, but on top of that price, while the supply of mags last you get a free mag also, I'm close to out of free mags, so I'd guess the free mags will be gone by Wednesday.

Meh. Not interested in the 9mm at this time, but thanks for the clarification.

The sale this week is only for the 9mm...

No shop is "offering" the rebate, it's a mail in rebate through smith and Wesson on the shield , bodyguard , and sdve pistols

Sorry, I thought the M&P .45 was also a Shield. My mistake.
~Matt

180022_01_lg_5.jpg

Last edited:
Four Seasons has the M&P .45 and is offering the $75 rebate on it...

Shield .45 is $369.95 less $75 rebate = $294.95 from: http://fsguns.com/

Re read your post , it states that FS is "offering" the rebate, I simply clarified that the rebate is not through any particular shop but through the manufacturer

Go to your local shop that gives you good service and support them at the sake of spending a couple extra bucks. They can't always get the pricing of the bigger guys with higher volume. My rule with the smaller shops is support them now or miss them when they're gone...

Gotcha. Edited the post to correct my error.

Skinflint race to the bottom...
Buy it now if you want it, the price diff is made up in a couple boxxes of ammo

Beat me to skinflint!

Buy it close to home, fondle it, go shoot it, be happy, go back to said shop later when you want something else.

Just a heads up with regard to the garbage trigger: the apex is nice, but it will run you close to $100. I did that to my shield and I like it. But, if I were to get another I would probably just order the free state parts and put those in for like 5$.

lol I've been in the market for a single stack for a while now. I actually would rather a PPS but it's not easy to find a decent used one so if I could buy a new Shield for the price I'd pay for used pps, why not. lol

Yea I see where you're coming from but I've been looking a for a small single stack for a little while, preferably a decent used PPS but I've had no luck; then this deal comes along so now seems like a good time.

If it were me, I wouldn't settle for a carry gun that was less than what I really wanted just because it was a bit cheaper. This is a piece of life-saving equipment that you'll hopefully have with you every day. I wouldn't want to look at a Shield every day and wish it was a PPS.

This PPS seems like what you really want, and it already has the free state trigger: https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/330407-WTS-Walther-PPS-9mm (I do not know this seller... just saw it a couple of posts down from yours.)

If it were me, I wouldn't settle for a carry gun that was less than what I really wanted just because it was a bit cheaper. This is a piece of life-saving equipment that you'll hopefully have with you every day. I wouldn't want to look at a Shield every day and wish it was a PPS.

This PPS seems like what you really want, and it already has the free state trigger: https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/330407-WTS-Walther-PPS-9mm (I do not know this seller... just saw it a couple of posts down from yours.)

Thanks, I think you're right... But trust me Ive seen the couple of PPS that are for sale on here, I search everyday lol but I like my guns to be completely stock that's why I haven't purchased one from anybody and I refuse to buy new unless its an incredible deal.

And believe it or not I like the stronger triggers, I know I'm crazy but I feel like it helps my hand and finger become steadier resulting in better aim and shots.

I have the PPS M2 for my EDC....for the extra $50 it cost me over a shield I felt my life was worth having what I really wanted

I could of swore the M2 wasn't MA compliant, where did you get it? I want the classic a little more but I'd be just as fine with the M2.

... I like my guns to be completely stock that's why I haven't purchased one from anybody...

I think the only non-stock part on that pistol is the sights. Almost everyone changes the sights because it's such a personal thing, and if you don't like them, you could too.

And believe it or not I like the stronger triggers, I know I'm crazy but I feel like it helps my hand and finger become steadier resulting in better aim and shots.

I don't know your experience level, but I think you'll grow out of this! There is such a thing as too light a trigger on a carry gun, but the MA triggers I've felt on the PPS were so heavy I thought the gun was broken. There is a reason competition shooters put lighter triggers in their pistols (it makes them easier to shoot accurately).

Back
Top Bottom