Charlie Baker, one term wonder?

I am pretty sure NOBODY here is going to vote for, let alone support financially, Charley's re-election campaign . we will remember this. I would even wager we will actively work to get him defeated, even to a dem.

If he does not support our gun rights, what difference IS there between him and someone like Deval???

The issue is, will whoever runs against him in this state be any better? Likely not.

If he doesn't work openly (and I highly doubt that he will) to reverse this then your are 100% correct. I'll place him in the same spot as Scott Brown.

I want to see him at the podium and state that the legal gun owners are not a problem in this state and that AR type weapons are not an issue as proven by factual data.

The issue is, will whoever runs against him in this state be any better? Likely not.

no they will not, but the damage HE did right now will be impossible to forget. He needs a little payback. Healey would not have done this move without the full support of Baker.

no they will not, but the damage HE did right now will be impossible to forget. He needs a little payback. Healey would not have done this move without the full support of Baker.

Baker, Warren and a bunch more. I am sure the Clinton Campaign Was aware as well with Warren as Hillary's most vocal supporter.

What was his margin of victory again? Against such an inspiring foe such as Coakley?

Edit: roughly 40,300 vote margin. 2% of votes cast.

He will need to defect if he wants a future in politics, but IMO even that won't work. Perhaps pro-2A numbers aren't massive in Mass, but big enough and our motivation creates a multiplier at the polls. Even if the issue isn't important to some, they will still see him as a left pandering weasel. His R base plus D crossover appeal got him elected- now he's left only with the D crossover appeal. He will be competing with others who have a firm D pedigree. He's toast.

Last edited:
He will need to defect if he wants a future in politics, bit IMO even that won't work. Perhaps pro-2A numbers aren't massive in Mass, but big enough and our motivation creates a multiplier at the polls. Even if the issue isn't important to some, they will still see him as a left pandering weasel. His R base plus D crossover appeal got him elected- now he's left only with the D crossover appeal. He will be competing with others who have a firm D pedigree. He's toast.

Yup.
Hardcore dems hate him anyway because he has an R near his name, to them any R = evil incarnate.
If he defects to Dems, they wouldn't want him anyway. If he becomes an independent - once again, Dems will not want him.
Yeah, one term wonder.

Baker's career is OVER if he backs her! Plain and simple! He will be the next Scott Brown. He ain't as pretty as Scott Brown, so don't expect to see him on Fox News after he gets wiped off the map in the next election without our support and the support of the conservative base!

With friends like him, who needs enemies!?

Call and let them know that you will not vote for him in 2018. If your registered republican let them know that too.

Massachusetts Republican Party

Phone: 617.523.5005

Charlie Baker will be heralded by the left because of his support for the AG and her gun ban, he doesn't need the Republican vote any longer. He will now be pandering to the left to stay in power.

We need to get him out next primary. Have someone like Shauna O'Connell run. Get her national backing and funding to run against this RINO Crookied Charlie.

basically for me this is the major difference between the two parties, so if this is not resolved correctly then what makes any difference who gets my vote

If it comes down to the lesser of two evils again then I'm just voting Dem, something I've never done before.
I would rather face my attacker than get stabbed in the back yet again.

Jason.

This. We will need to get Baker out in the Republican primary or once again, he is guaranteed to be the lesser of two evils. Vote for a corrupt, rabidly anti-gun Democrat to lead this pathetic state? Only after I'm dead and buried when the Dems then steal my vote. [angry]

I was done with him the second he declared martial law over a foot of snow.

I'd rather have a Democrat in there, at least I wouldn't have to hear about how everything wrong with the state is the Republican Governor's fault.

I will not be able to vote for him....ever again. I do not care if Debbie Wasserman Shultz shows up with a carpet bag and runs for governor....not gonna be baker.

One-Term Faker

It will be hard to get a better candidate out of the Republicans next time because he's put a bunch of his buddies and supporters into state party positions.

Wow. This brings back such high hopes I think a lot of had when he ran. What's he done for conservatives?anything?

Charlie Baker stabbed me in the back. He is complicit in making me an unindicted Felon. For the slightest infraction of the law I can now be charged as a Felon in possession of illegal firearms. I can't undo my "crime". At the very least I can seek revenge by denying him a position that allows him to take money out of my pocket to pay his salary. Charlie I hope you contract an incurable case of pizzel rot.

Back
Top Bottom