Charlie Baker on WGBH 11AM call in show

Just listened to Fox news and they said the Governor wants the AG to specify how the change will control previously owed firearms. Whatever that means.

Just listened to Fox news and they said the Governor wants the AG to specify how the change will control previously owed firearms. Whatever that means.

So Baker is looking for a reason to have the state police actively disarm the people then?

So Baker is looking for a reason to have the state police actively disarm the people then?��

There is are many reasons AWB violations traditionally haven't been prosecuted in this state... and it starts at the police level. Cops hate this shit. Doesn't mean there aren't some bad eggs... but everyone here who is/knows cops knows that they have discretion, and where they are likely to use it.

Mike

Jim Braude is decent to listen to but that lady with him is a nightmare. Whenever they bring up guns she is saying things like, I don't even know why anybody would need to own a gun. They will let one pre-screened call through ask about it, hang up on the caller and then talk about it for 5 minutes.

That is exactly what happened, although the discussion was more like... 1:35s. And the discussion was limited to Baker saying that Healy was completely correct and no, as long as we all settle down, nobody will immediately confiscate anything.

Oh, good luck leaving your "illegal" rifle to your son when you pass on, because he won't be able to transfer it. But that's not confiscation.

Here's the link:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=18801406886113133485

Another NES'er was kind enough to record and post in another thread.

Here's my letter to the Governor;

Dear Gov. Baker,
I am very concerned about the AG's new interpretation of the law regarding so called assault weapons and I'm very disappointed that you support her on this. Everything that I, my wife & daughters own was legal until last Wednesday based on MGL law and was Fed Law 1994-2004 and clarified by BATFE over and over again. She says that she won't prosecute gun owners, at this time. What the hell does that mean? These are guns we've owned legally for years. I realize you're not her boss, but being Governor I would think you have some influence over her and or the Legislature. In her letter to the Globe she stated that AR-15's are weapons of war. Name me one war that anyone ever used an AR-15. She's confusing the AR-15 with the M-16. Pull the trigger on an AR-15 once and one Bullet comes out, just like a Hunting Rifle. The M-16 is a Full Auto or Burst weapon used by the military. They look similar but in fact, they are very different. She also states that in the last year 10,000 of these so called Assault Rifles were sold legally in Massachusetts. How many murders were committed with Assault Rifles in the last year in our state, I'd bet none. However, I know there were many murders committed in Massachusetts with Knives, Blunt Objects, Fists & Feet, Automobiles and of course, Firearms. I'd guess one or two murders were committed with long guns. Long Guns are considered Shotguns or Rifles (This Includes the Evil Looking Assault Rifle). Almost all Firearm Murders were committed with Handguns. If she really cared about Firearm Murders she would forget Rifles and go straight to Handguns, but she doesn’t care. She’s afraid to go after them, for now. She’s grandstanding, picking around the edges of the law trying to get a little more. And I really thought we couldn’t get anyone worse that Marsha Coakley. Boy was I wrong. I wish the AG would try enforcing the laws that we have, get tougher on criminals and leave the legal gun owner alone. The AR-15 is the most popular Rifle in America and it is a weapon for self-defense.
I hope you take my concerns seriously; there are a bigger percentage of like-minded registered voters than you think.
Respectfully, David King

I started with LenS's template then just kinda went off on my own.

I don't think he would argue it's a "false sense of security." I don't know that guy, but I imagine he is a pro-2A patriot, and the media ****ed him. Let's not eat our own. He might have been optimistic he would educate the public on the ridiculousness of an AWB. We have all tried to do it. You know what, it is ridiculous, and by learning that this is what we got.

Mike

Somebody should ask these people why we need a governor, a house or a senate at all if we can just have an AG think up, executive and enforce laws.

We could save a ton of money in salaries and pensions by just getting rid of these people and their staffs.

Somebody should ask these people why we need a governor, a house or a senate at all if we can just have an AG think up, executive and enforce laws.

We could save a ton of money in salaries and pensions by just getting rid of these people and their staffs.

A fair point to make actually.

Back
Top Bottom