Changing slides on a Glock (mix and match s/n)

I have a Glock 27, however I would like a 9mm option. Since Glocks are modular, I am thinking of buying a complete slide assembly for 26 and replacing the extractor with a 9mm specific one.
I am curious if there would be any negative legal ramifications - if I ever have to use the gun in self defense - since the serial number on the frame and slide/barrel won't match?

Thanks!

Glock routinely creates mismatches serial numbers when the replace barrels and slides. This is a non-issue in US, although mismatched numbers may make the gun less desirable to some buyers.

If you travel internationally, there are some additional considerations as some nations consider the barrel the "magic part" that defines the gun.

Save yourself some money and just buy a conversion barrel. There are many out there that will allow you to shoot 9mm on the G27 platform, there is no need to change any other parts. As a matter of fact, you can even run 9mm through the 40 cal magazines. I have done this many times with Glock's without a problem.

I have a Glock 27, however I would like a 9mm option. Since Glocks are modular, I am thinking of buying a complete slide assembly for 26 and replacing the extractor with a 9mm specific one.
I am curious if there would be any negative legal ramifications - if I ever have to use the gun in self defense - since the serial number on the frame and slide/barrel won't match?

Thanks!
As long as you replace all calibre specific parts - in this case, slide, barrel, extractor, ejector, spring loaded extractor bearing, and know how to check to make sure everything fits and functions to factory spec, you will have the same gun as a Glock 26.

You need to be careful going from 40 to 357 sig, as some of the older Glock frames are not rated for the 357 cartridge (change in design of the metal part of the frame).

Last edited:
Thanks all!
Rob,
I am not planning on .357 sig as the ammo is much more expensive and, in my opinion, does not offer a significant advantage.

Back
Top Bottom