Change of Address form

Laura

NES Member
I just printed out the Change of Address form to be sent to Chelsea. Quick question, I'm seeing the usual, name, date of birth and the new address but I'm also seeing "License to Carry #" and "Firearms Identification Card #." This has me confused. I see my Lincese number on the permit but I've no idea what the FIC# is. What am I missing? I'm assuming I just fill in the License number and leave the Firearms Identification Card number blank - correct? Sorry if this is a dumb question... [oops]

It's whatever license you hold hun, as some folks only have an FID card.

BTW - to CYA, you need to send a copy of that form not only to the FRB, but to the old license issuing Chief and the new Chief of where your moving to. Even if it's the same chief. Send them certified, return receipt requested too. That's you're only proof that you sent them. In this state, you really do need to CYA.

The forms that they have on-line also request a photocopy of your current license, but there's no law or puglished regulation that requires it. Since the only practical purpose is to train us to jump through whatever hoops the so-called "Great and General Court" (aka the clowns on Beacon Hill) decide to make, I take the opportunity to do as little as absolutely necessary.

Ken

Agree with Ken here.

Check what the law is and give them ONLY that info. Some chiefs may want a list of all your guns, copies of your LTC, etc. NOTHING requires that you give them this and I would NOT provide it.

You do NOT have to use the form either (nothing requires a form). A letter telling the info that IS required will suffice and probably be the way that I would go if I moved. Leaving blank spaces on forms may raise questions, where a letter with info won't.

Just remember that bureaucrats LOVE forms, lots of data (whether entitled or not), and make it look like filling everything out is Required . . . doesn't make it so!

Let me provide a semi-related example. New C&R FFL form asks for cc info and signature on it if you want to pay BATFE that way (I did it this way), then they tell you to make a copy and give to your CLEO. Why would my chief need my cc info?? So I filled out all EXCEPT CC INFO, made a copy for local chief, then finished the form for BATFE. I wrote "redacted" in each of the cc info blocks on the form I provided my local chief.

No one asked me for a list of my guns and they wouldn't get it either unless they could point out the law on the books.

Our chief pulls that crap on all LTC holders and plugs that info into the computer at the PD. He first did it to us when my Wife went for her renewal and I told him in no uncertain terms that it wasn't required and we weren't giving it up. He meekly responded with a BS story as to why he needed it [roll] and then asked if he could put down a "couple of handguns, rifles and shotguns"! I told him yes [twisted] and that was it. Since then he catches himself when he asks that and lets it go. [lol]

Back
Top Bottom