ccw's being revoked in California

They won't come barging down the door grabbing your guns. That's the scenario that will never come to fruition.

What's going to happen, is "death by a thousand cuts". Revoking some licensees here, banning some firearms there, increasing the tax ammunition here, etc.

Just like Mass, but worse. Gotta move to a whole different county, and counties there are sometimes bigger than Rhode Island or Connecticut.

Thats it, we need to plant explosives on the border of California with every other state it touches and blow it off into the ocean.

What surprises me about this is that what seems to be the obvious retort is not mentioned.

Usually the CCW debate centers around (false) predictions that those carrying guns will get into untold numbers of shoot-outs.

Yet, here in OC, they know who has them and there has been no harm. Sure, they shouldn't be given out only to political donors, but even with that lame screen, those with CCW permits do not cause problems. Why take them?

Just like Mass, but worse. Gotta move to a whole different county, and counties there are sometimes bigger than Rhode Island or Connecticut.

The only people who ever had CCW in Orange County were the rich, well connected or famous (which is a fair number of people, mind you). The new policy is simply to de-politicize the process and revoke permits that were granted unfairly. Really, its just as bad as it ever was.

The only people who ever had CCW in Orange County were the rich, well connected or famous (which is a fair number of people, mind you). The new policy is simply to de-politicize the process and revoke permits that were granted unfairly. Really, its just as bad as it ever was.

My point still stands. In Massachussetts, all you have to usually do is move a few miles to the next green town and you are in like Flint.

Many California counties are bigger than your state alone. Not so easy to move to a "green" locale.

My point still stands. In Massachussetts, all you have to usually do is move a few miles to the next green town and you are in like Flint.

Many California counties are bigger than your state alone. Not so easy to move to a "green" locale.

No, a Green county in California is truly out in the sticks. That would be analogous to moving to AT LEAST the middle of NH. The NH boarder is only 35-40 miles from Boston, which is a typical commute for a lot of people in LA, San Diego or San Francisco.

move a few miles to the next green town and you are in like Flint

Like this?

Flint-firestarter.jpg

Or perhaps you meant in like Flynn.

Mmmm yes, guilty until proven guilty, or pre-emptive strike.

Anyone who hasn't committed a crime is just a person who either hasn't be caught or been given the time to commit the crime, but they will!

Yep it is 26 miles from the Zakim bridge to the Salem NH town line :)

And when I retire from my State of Ma day gig I'll try to spend as little time there as I can.

In California, both county sheriffs and local police are real law enforcement, and can issue CCW permits. In many instances, local PDs simply refer all applications to the Sheriff's Office; in others, people have two avenues through which to get a permit. There was a court case several years ago in which the Sacramento city PD was complaining that the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office was issuing permits to city residents when the PD refused to issue permits to commoners. I don't recall the outcome, but the practice continues today in many other areas. As an example, LA County Sheriff's Office is notorious for refusing permits to any but the highest nobility; Culver City PD (within LA County) treats permits essentially as shall issue. San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office (bordering LA County) is also pretty much shall issue.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom