CCW etiquette at a friend's house

I keep it to myself when I'm over someone else's house.....

As far as my house I don't care if someone is carrying concealed.......however.....keep it in the holster. I had a cousin come over once during a family get together and decided to play show and tell in the living room......told him quickly a swiftly to put it away......imo show and tell of loaded fire arms is for the range! NOT THE LIVING ROOM!

The one time i ever asked was because i was going with a buddy who did not have his LTC to a show in Worcester where i would not be able to carry inside. I asked him if it was OK to lock the gun up in his car while we are inside, or should i just leave it at his place. His response? Its your gun your responsibility, I'm not your mother.

I never ask, and never announce it either, but all of my friends assume i am carrying.

The only time I made a point of mentioning a CCW was when I was teaching the NES Beginners Rider Course. my statement was "If you, per chance, have a large metal object on your waistband, it might be a good idea to stow it in the car in the event you have a get off."

Otherwise, I don't care until I see it pointed at me.

I have a buddy that has a very anti wife. The bargain they struck was that they wanted to know if I was carrying in their home but knew I was "responsible". After a couple months of me announcing it as I came in the door they just told me I didn't need to anymore as they assumed I would always be carrying.

Don't be an idiot is the rule I live by.

Some new friends down here have a half dozen loaners for visitors at their "camp" just in case!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom