CBS Wants to Interview On-line Purchasers

They are going to get mighty bored hearing the same story over and over again - shipment to licensed dealer; presentation of LTC and verification through MIRCS plus a call to NICS.

Ditto don't trust the media. If it were live it might be fine but it will be taped and they will dice it up and take it out of context, splice in video from Newtown and file tape of LOTS of AR's, etc.

Don't do it.

hopefully they don't talk to anyone who has ordered from the CMP or who has a C&R.

I can see the "dramatization" of that exchange......shady van pulls up, unloading crate after crate of AKs and ARs......paid for with a suitcase full of cash.

Yep I've only bought two guns online but cbs can suck my nuts....one I paid online (tackle unlimited as a matter of fact) and then did the deal in person, the other I bought online then it was shipped to ffl with background check, mircs etc.

They've already written the story. Now they need some affirming anecdotes and quotes. Never talk to the media. What could possibly go right?

This is how they'll edit your story...

"I BOUGHT AN AR15 ONLINE WHICH GOT SHIPPED (to an FFL where I had to pass a background check. Then I was able to take it) TO MY HOUSE. I DIDN'T HAVE TO SHOW THEM A LICENSE AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE (because that is verified locally by the FFL)"

I'd do it if I was sure it wasn't a trap.

But it's a trap.

YUP....

ackbar.jpg

**** it, I'll email him back. I'm a decent enough speaker, and its better than some bumbling fool making us look retarded. Someone will say yes, better those of us who can talk.

Mike

I have never purchased a firearm on-line so I would not be the one to discuss anything with the news. But it seems to me that gun owners are getting a lot of bad press because the only gun stories that are heard is when someone is killed by a drug dealer with a gun obtained illegally. If you want to change people's perception of legal gun owners this seems to be the chance. But all the posts I have read say to stay away from the press. So the anti's can spew what they want about legal gun owners and nobody is willing to step up and challenge the negativity and set them straight.

Seems to me that is why we are losing our rights. We wallow in silence and let the anti's strip away our rights one by one. They say the squeaky wheel gets the oil.....the anti's are squeaking and everyone is listening to them and greasing their wheel while ours runs silent.....

Who is great at speaking in public...what about a lawyer type? They cannot be rattled and would know exactly what to say as they are even expert on the laws surrounding gun rights, licensing and sales...

Anyway, that's my $0.02 .......I will go back to silently wallowing....

I'm holding out for the loophole interviews.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I emailed him back early on, but he was all set by the time I contacted him.

It is very important that gun owners engage the media. If you're not comfortable doing it, that's one thing. But a concerted wall of silence will be interpreted as gun owners having something to hide. Do that and they'll get the 'reasonable' gun owners who are all in favor of more gun control.

It's important also to see what this internet gun sales hype is all about. It's fear mongering by gun control proponents in an effort marginalize firearms as socially undesirable and shameful - like cigarettes. WE all know that gun sales don't take place on-line. Advertising takes place on-line, and advertising is protected by the First Amendment.

I smell something fishy...Marsha??

It's not that I'm trying to hide anything, I just want everyone to leave me alone

I emailed him back early on, but he was all set by the time I contacted him.

It is very important that gun owners engage the media.

Good point. My stories would be very boring:

I arranged to buy a Mosin Nagant online. I paid my money and a few weeks later the gun was shipped to a FFL. I went to the FFL where he ran a background check and registered it with the state.

I arranged to buy a High Point 9mm online. I paid my money and 10 months later the gun was shipped to an FFL. I went to the FFL where he ran a a background check and registered it with the state.

zzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz booooring!

I can see the headline now "Making a gun out of a shovel is faster than buying one online!"

KD, but they WILL twist it around in the editing room so that our position will NOT be properly represented.

I'm in the never trust the media camp, and I once was one a very long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom