Carry at home with Blue Card ?

I live in RI and was wondering if I can carry while at home and in my yard with just a blue card not a LTC. I would like to be protected while at home and also if I am in my back yard. Thanks in advance for your time.

John

CHAPTER 11-47
Weapons
SECTION 11-47-8

§ 11-47-8 License or permit required for carrying pistol – Possession of machine gun. – (a) No person shall, without a license or permit issued as provided in §§ 11-47-11, 11-47-12 and 11-47-18, carry a pistol or revolver in any vehicle or conveyance or on or about his or her person whether visible or concealed, except in his or her dwelling house or place of business or on land possessed by him or her or as provided in §§ 11-47-9 and 11-47-10.

Well I'm no lawyer, but by that wording (in red) it looks like you are OK in your house, in your yard or on any other land that you own (wood lot, parents house if your name is on the deed, ext.).

It wouldn't hurt to get a lawyers look at it and see if they can help you get a pistol permit (if you need help).

CHAPTER 11-47
Weapons
SECTION 11-47-8

§ 11-47-8 License or permit required for carrying pistol – Possession of machine gun. – (a) No person shall, without a license or permit issued as provided in §§ 11-47-11, 11-47-12 and 11-47-18, carry a pistol or revolver in any vehicle or conveyance or on or about his or her person whether visible or concealed, except in his or her dwelling house or place of business or on land possessed by him or her or as provided in §§ 11-47-9 and 11-47-10.

Well I'm no lawyer, but by that wording (in red) it looks like you are OK in your house, in your yard or on any other land that you own (wood lot, parents house if your name is on the deed, ext.).

It wouldn't hurt to get a lawyers look at it and see if they can help you get a pistol permit (if you need help).

Thanks Dave Appreciate your time.

John

Back
Top Bottom