Capital Region NY ranges/clubs

As some of you might know, I just moved to Saratoga Springs and have no idea of where I can shoot my guns. I am looking for any place with an indoor range. I know most here are in MA, though. Not sure how much you guys can help. I prefer a place that is military friendly hopefully, maybe with a little discount. LOL.

There must be a NY state org like GOAL. Try to find them, they should have the info you are looking for.

Good luck.

Clubs

The Watervliet club is nice - look for Pat or Warren LeGere www.wfgpa.org

The state GOAL equivalent is SCOPE, www.scopeny.org

Don't expect much sympathy when you bellyache to the locals in NY about how your MA LTC took 3-4 months. NY has a "speedy permit law" which means they must update you on the status of your application within 6 months of initial application (not "act on", but "update you on the status"), and some counties have requirements like "residents in the county who have known you for at least N years" and will not even accept an application from someone living in the county for less than 6 months or a year.

Also, you will need EACH gun listed on your NY pistol permit (which incidently will carry a "not valid in the City of NY" notion on the back).

Back
Top Bottom