• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield Area Ranges Question

Hi all - I have been bumming guest passes from my buddies to our local range (that we love,) but I'd like to procure my own membership to a 100+ yard range until next February when membership applications open. I tried my darndest to get in even though I was just a couple days late (LTC issued literally days after the deadline), but no cigar. Big plus if there are pistol pits that allow drawing from holsters. Could care less if it was indoor or outdoor. Musts are some sort of guest pass system that is more than once a month (I've seen that in my search), as well as allowing steel targets to be used or at least having them already set up by the club. We go pretty much once a week, but I have to work around their schedules which usually involve only getting in 1 maybe 1.5 hours of shooting. I also feel like a real bum asking them to go every time, but they assure me that they prefer the company. I believe I have exhausted the internet of ranges nearby, and some of the websites aren't exactly up to date. Thanks in advance!

What club is is? I recommend springfield sportsman’s club for your ask on rifle range, which the longer range is 200 out to 400. Has pistol pits you can draw from a holster. Also trap, rim fire range and. 25 50 100 yard rifle range

They get my vote,unless this is the range you’re talking about then can’t help on the until February thing. Good luck

What club is is? I recommend springfield sportsman’s club for your ask on rifle range, which the longer range is 200 out to 400. Has pistol pits you can draw from a holster. Also trap, rim fire range and. 25 50 100 yard rifle range

They get my vote,unless this is the range you’re talking about then can’t help on the until February thing. Good luck
That'd be it unfortunately

you can also bum a range day at Springfield with me since you feel like you've used up your other friends.

that whole make new friends, keep the old thing...
You're a gracious man, but I will not be befriending you for the sole purpose of more range days. However, if you see a bunch of younger guys hanging out next to a white nissan titan with a million stickers on the tailgate, that's me. Happy to make new friends! Just won't be using you for your membership lol

Go to Westfield. They’re always accepting new members with a rifle range out to 300. Multiple pistol ranges but I’m not 100% sure about the holster drawing. Last time I went there was a guy drawing and they didn’t care.

Little update - joined up with Nenamesek in November. Very cool guys, well kept facilities, and they put out (4?) more steel targets out on the rifle range last month. No drawing from the holsters indoors and pistol calibers only, but it's 24/7. Can't really complain about that. I'll probably end up trying for a membership at Springfield Sportsman's soon while also keeping one with Nenameseck. Different pros with each

Back
Top Bottom