• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Burlington, VT Public Ranges?

I'm in the same boat. I see Sportsman's club of Franklin county has some events open to the public but otherwise don't think it's open to the public

Greetings! I'll be working in Burlington, VT for a few months and want to find a public range that's not too far away. What are my options?

I'm in the same boat. I see Sportsman's club of Franklin county has some events open to the public but otherwise don't think it's open to the public

What do you mean by "public"?

Vermont has two state rifle ranges that are fully open to the public, a third partially-open range at a conservation camp, a bunch of gun clubs, and one recently opened "private" indoor range that's a public pay range.

Shooting Ranges | Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department

https://vtfishandwildlife.com/sites...hooting ranges/Shooting_Ranges_in_Vermont.pdf

INDOOR RANGE | parros

Further, there's some sporting clays places that are either in VT or nearby, like Orvis and NEK Skeet and Sporting Clays:

Sandanona Shooting Grounds

NORTHEAST KINGDOM SKEET & SPORTING CLAYS CLUB | BURKE, VT 05832

The bigger question here is what are you guys trying to do and shoot. If you're just trying to shoot indoors at 25 yards, shoot at Parro's. If you're shooting rifles, you'll probably want to join a "private" gun club that's members-and-guests only. Sporting clays is a different discussion.

I'm looking for a place to legally shoot handguns, where I don't have to join a club to access. I'm perfectly happy with a spot in a field or in the woods with some kind of berm. I'm actually happier there. I prefer reactive targets and pieces of dead wood work just fine. But a public indoor pistol range is fine too.

I'm looking for a place to legally shoot handguns, where I don't have to join a club to access. I'm perfectly happy with a spot in a field or in the woods with some kind of berm. I'm actually happier there. I prefer reactive targets and pieces of dead wood work just fine. But a public indoor pistol range is fine too.

Yeah, I'd start with Parro's and then try and make local friends to learn some private shooting spots in the woods.

Chittenden county for about $50 a year seems decent. I’ll have to drive by and check it out.

Greetings! I'll be working in Burlington, VT for a few months and want to find a public range that's not too far away. What are my options?
There's a place in Shelburne, VT called Laberge's Farm. It's a very short drive from Burlington. Has multiple ranges for all assortments of firearms. It's open to the public, free to use, just need to ask the owner if you can use it that day. Since it's a farm, he could be in multiple buildings, but he or a family member is typically around.

Back
Top Bottom