Can't believe what I paid for 5.56

Just paid 10.99 a box at HS in auburn. Not mad at them for the price, I know it's the industry, but DAMN. It was Federal AR5.56 and there was a 4 box limit. This panic is insane

Save all the range brass you can find, and start reloading. It will be our only hope is the reloader's and the home casters in time. I firmly believe that.

Find a 22LR conversion. Be frustrated that there is no 22LR. Save the NATO stuff for later ,make your shooting time as productive as you can - goal oriented.

And start to reload.

Same price at Bass Pro in Foxboro last night. They had about 5000 rounds that had just come in- dwindling already.

Just paid 10.99 a box at HS in auburn. Not mad at them for the price, I know it's the industry, but DAMN. It was Federal AR5.56 and there was a 4 box limit. This panic is insane

Save all the range brass you can find, and start reloading. It will be our only hope is the reloader's and the home casters in time. I firmly believe that.

Federal? No thanks. You don't get many cycles in the press with it. Primer pockets get real loose.

I just put the leupold HAMR on my Troy. Well, this hurts. Love it. Just want to go blast away with it. Feel like I'm shooting dollar bills. It sucks.

Looks the the rifle rage is dying. Prices have dropped a little too. I'm seeing a pistol scramble now. Looking at 1911's yesterday. Wanted $1700 for a proseries 9. Full List is $1300.

Awesome . Lets hope for lots of new ammo laws so that we can make a couple bucks!

That's because you love men

Aww man, is this going to be another butthurt thread about ammo prices? Pay it or don't, but shut the **** up if someone sells a legal product for whatever price they and the buyer agree on.

These threads are infuriating to say the least. Who gives a shit about their ammo prices and what you paid or didn't pay.

In the same store, they also have preban AR15 mags for $85 a piece. I wouldn't pay that price in a lifetime, so I choose not to.

Either pay or don't pay. No one gives a shit.

When we were out making the gun store rounds yesterday (getting familiar with the ones near me now) I saw a couple of places with $18 for a box of .223 and more for 5.56. Ended up getting the last three boxes at Riley's ($8.99 per box) to help shore-up my ammo inventory (replacing what I've shot). I have a decent amount of ammo on hand right now, so I don't need to pay the retard prices. I'll just be ready to act when the better priced ammo is available (there are a couple of places with non-butthurt pricing still).

Oh, and I fully intend to get into reloading for the AR platforms (AR15 and AR10) as soon as possible.

These threads are infuriating to say the least. Who gives a shit about their ammo prices and what you paid or didn't pay.

In the same store, they also have preban AR15 mags for $85 a piece. I wouldn't pay that price in a lifetime, so I choose not to.

Either pay or don't pay. No one gives a shit.

I care.

I support gun rights. Increasing the cost of gun ownership through regulation/taxes/mandatory insurance is something I strongly oppose.

The antis want to make gun ownership (and training) so expensive that only the rich can afford to protect themselves. Telling people "too bad" is just what they want.

I have lots of ammo, mags, an SBR etc, but the fact fewer private civilians can afford ammo is a very bad thing.

but the fact fewer private civilians can afford ammo is a very bad thing.

i agree, its unfortunate that we tend to take advantage of one another for personal gain but that is the way of the world my friend. ntomsw is right, if you dont like it, dont pay for it. and in most cases you will find stupid prices on things and have to pass if you have any consciousness of your wallet and bank account.

Dom

I care.

I support gun rights. Increasing the cost of gun ownership through regulation/taxes/mandatory insurance is something I strongly oppose.

The antis want to make gun ownership (and training) so expensive that only the rich can afford to protect themselves. Telling people "too bad" is just what they want.

I have lots of ammo, mags, an SBR etc, but the fact fewer private civilians can afford ammo is a very bad thing.

So because you support gun rights, a free market can't exist?

Eventually things will die down. It may take until July for that to happen, but it will happen. Ammo prices will not be like this forever. 2 months ago in the classifieds here, people were selling their Bushmaster AR's for $3500, and their polymer shit lowers for $650. Now, those same items are sitting there getting bumped over & over. Things will settle down. It just takes time.

- - - Updated - - -

i doubt thats what he was saying, dont turn the discussion into something its not bud.

That's the way I read it. My apologies if that is not what he is saying. It's a free market. HS Trading or Pullman Arms or Four Seasons can charge what they want. They are in business ot make money, not to coddle everyone.

Back
Top Bottom