Canadian man tries to buy 100 handguns in Nashua?

Those crazy Canadians! I wonder if he tried to make any illegal purchases elsewhere in the US?

From the Union Leader: "An Alberta, Canada, man was arrested Tuesday after authorities said he tried to buy 100 Taurus 9mm handguns from a federally licensed firearms dealer in Nashua."

It sounds like this guy was making the rounds, as the story mentions shops in Hooksett and a range in Manchester. The shop in Nashua is specifically not named. Anyone know which one it was?

Who cares which gunshop.

if he bought them more strategically (like Leland Yee) he would likely never been caught.

this is example of catching an idiot....someone this stupid can only do so much damage...but the media and .gov will stroke each other like they just saved the sheep from the devil himself. Vomit.

Who cares which gunshop.

if he bought them more strategically (like Leland Yee) he would likely never been caught.

this is example of catching an idiot....someone this stupid can only do so much damage...but the media and .gov will stroke each other like they just saved the sheep from the devil himself. Vomit.

I don't really care, just curious. And you're right, this guy is obviously a few marbles short. Large amounts of ammo and bags of rice in plain view in his car? Brilliant.

Wasnt it a pressure cooker that is now a prohibited appliance ? Maybe he had designs on using a rice cooker in a unsavory fashion Hmmm?

How is purchasing 100 handguns a violation of Amend2nd ?

I don't really care, just curious. And you're right, this guy is obviously a few marbles short. Large amounts of ammo and bags of rice in plain view in his car? Brilliant.

Wasnt it a pressure cooker that is now a prohibited appliance ? Maybe he had designs on using a rice cooker in a unsavory fashion Hmmm?

How is purchasing 100 handguns a violation of Amend2nd ?

He's Canadian. Drove down from Alberta a few days before his NH shopping trip. Tried to get the Nashua shop to believe he lives in NH.

I think he's a troll. If he got away with it you would expect the papers to be trashing the system. Good he got caught. Now nobody has anything to complain about.

I think he's a troll. If he got away with it you would expect the papers to be trashing the system. Good he got caught. Now nobody has anything to complain about.

They will find something.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I didnt catch the cannuk part..Other than that I see no issue, where is the evidence it was a straw purchase I see none.
A straw purchase means you are buying a gun for someone else that is not qualified to possess or is a prohibited individual will take possession of it soon after the gun is purchased.

If there isnt evidence of his having buyers lined up and or his accepting payment on behalf of others that desire said firearms.

As I see it at best its thought of future possable crime unless evidence is in hand presently.

I was joking about the rice cooker but why the even mention of a bag of rice? Is a bag of rice considered reasonable suspicion now ?

Hay! buying that many gunz is a straw purchase, goes against the BATFE grain

Last edited:
Why didn't he just buy them online and have them shipped to his house? Or just use the gun show loophole. Dumb Canadians.

Sent from my mobile phone from behind enemy lines.

You forgot the sarcasm indicator.

Im sure you aware that since or before gca1968 firearms havent been able to be shipped to non licensed individuals.

Beyond that he spends 30500.00 and cant afford to setup his alibi any better than a faked lease and dl ?
Why didn't he just buy them online and have them shipped to his house? Or just use the gun show loophole. Dumb Canadians.

Sent from my mobile phone from behind enemy lines.

Why is it a straw purchase?
I should have read further... SemiAutoSam already addressed this misperceptions regarding straw purchases. I continue to be amazed at how many people do not understand what a straw purchase is.

I still believe this may have been an Obama ATF sting checking to see if the dealer filed the multi-gun Purchase 3310 form correctly.

A straw purchase means you are buying a gun for someone else that is not qualified to possess or is a prohibited individual will take possession of it soon after the gun is purchased.
Not quite - Abramski vs. US (SCOTUS) established that the offense is lying on the question "are you the actual purchaser", and the fact that the ultimate intended recipient is qualified to possess the gun, and is not a prohibited person, is not a defense.

I'm sure he'd raise the eyebrow of some state department if he went to a live poultry market and tried fitting 1000 chickens in a taxi.

Ok you asked for it.. That reminded me of this joke.

One day a Cop pulls a van over and when he walks up to the window he sees ten penguins in the back.

The cop asks the man "are those your penguins?"

The man Says "yes, they are my pets."

The cop replies to the man "You need to take them to the zoo right now."

So the man agrees and drives off. The next day the cop pulls over the same van and he walks up to the window and sees the ten pengins all wearing sunglasses.

The cop says to the man "I thought i told you to take those penguins to the zoo."

The man says "I did, today we are going to the beach!"

I'm sure he'd raise the eyebrow of some state department if he went to a live poultry market and tried fitting 1000 chickens in a taxi.

Ok you asked for it.. That reminded me of this joke.

One day a Cop pulls a van over and when he walks up to the window he sees ten penguins in the back.

The cop asks the man "are those your penguins?"

The man Says "yes, they are my pets."

The cop replies to the man "You need to take them to the zoo right now."

So the man agrees and drives off. The next day the cop pulls over the same van and he walks up to the window and sees the ten pengins all wearing sunglasses.

The cop says to the man "I thought i told you to take those penguins to the zoo."

The man says "I did, today we are going to the beach!"

Lol. This guy trying to buy 100 handguns is just a fool to laugh at. Make no mistake, the moonbats would love to see this story buried.

Back
Top Bottom