can you legally lessen the trigger pull on a pistol after purchase?

can you legally lessen the trigger pull on a pistol after purchase?
Yes. Read the AG's regulations. They govern what a dealer can sell, not what you can purchase: http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=cagoter...t&f=government_Regulations_940CMR16&csid=Cago

Specifically, note 940 CMR 16.05:

(2) It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer to transfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any handgun which does not contain a mechanism which effectively precludes an average five year old child from operating the handgun when it is ready to fire; such mechanisms shall include, but are not limited to: raising trigger resistance to at least a ten pound pull, altering the firing mechanism so that an average five year old child's hands are too small to operate the handgun, or requiring a series of multiple motions in order to fire the handgun.

You are not a handgun-purveyor.

Yes you can... what do you have? We can point you to a nice reliable gunsmith... My personal favorite is Greg Derr, good stuff cheap.

Yes you can... what do you have? We can point you to a nice reliable gunsmith... My personal favorite is Greg Derr, good stuff cheap.

I have a s&w M&p compact 40. I have seen many comments on this sight about his work so I looked him up. he is unfortunately 115 miles away from me. If I can't not find a reliable gunsmith in my area I will probably end up truckin it out there but for right now I'm looking for a guy in western mass. Springfield area. I checked out a guy in worcester. can't remember the name off hand but the prices were not nearly as good.tho I am willing to sacrifice price for quality work. in other words the quality is more important to me than the price. but good prises are obviously a plus

I have a s&w M&p compact 40. I have seen many comments on this sight about his work so I looked him up. he is unfortunately 115 miles away from me. If I can't not find a reliable gunsmith in my area I will probably end up truckin it out there but for right now I'm looking for a guy in western mass. Springfield area. I checked out a guy in worcester. can't remember the name off hand but the prices were not nearly as good.tho I am willing to sacrifice price for quality work. in other words the quality is more important to me than the price. but good prises are obviously a plus

Greg is awesome, and if it isn't how you like it, he will take care of it.. Marshfield is beautiful, make a trip out of it..

You're thinking of Larocca. He does good work. So does Greg Derr.

If you don't want to drive anywhere, UPS it to Dan Burwell, but be prepared to pay about $80 in shipping costs both ways.

Back
Top Bottom