Can Someone Help Me Understand

As far as I know, that is technically correct. The US does not recognize (nor forbade specifically, unless you are a US citizen FIRST that claims citizenship elsewhere) dual citizenship, but realizes it exists. IT does recognize dual nationality. https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ip-and-dual-nationality/dual-nationality.html

Congrats Dean!

Im a dual by birth. Born here, but have citizenship elsewhere through my parents, as well. The benefit for me is if I want to go work overseas, I just have to hop on a plane, go to that country's social security office equivalent, and I will be issued a tax number and can start working. No need for a work visa, etc. The chance of that happening is small because that other place hates freedom (though, as of late, this country seems to as well!)

"There are many people who have genuine skills, love America, and would be true assets to our Nation.It is our Government's job to identity them, and whenever possible, deny them Citizenship."

It has taken me over 20 years and has been the most difficult task I have ever done, not to mention the financial toll, It was still worth it. There is plenty of truth to the fact that, I was not ethnic enough which made things more difficult expensive and time consuming.

Dean

I think the criteria transcends color- if you would be an asset to the country you won't make the expedite list. Case in point:

A good family friend escaped real persecution and extreme physical torture like only the east African banana dictatorships can dish out. Despite having a successful job and a PhD, he was quite literally dragged into tribal issues. He escaped imprisonment and made it to the states where he found good employment, although he was a bit overqualified for what he could get (welcome to America...). Despite having a very dark complexion, he was well spoken (in English!!!), had excellent character, and was professional in demeanor. Must not be the formula to get on the fast track. He was damn near deported to a certain death until a huge outpouring from friends, coworkers, and fellow church members stepped in to help. He was finally granted citizenship but then had to go through similar hoops to extract his family.

Sorry it took so long and so much $$ to gain citizenship, but welcome and congrats!

Back
Top Bottom