can i buy...?

bigmanfugitive

NES Member
I apologize is this has been covered or beat to death before, I tried searching but could could not find anything like it.
Is it ok to ftf a gun from a P.O. if he bought a gun using his badge. For example he bought it and no longer likes it, and offered it to me for sale?

I apologize is this has been covered or beat to death before, I tried searching but could could not find anything like it.
Is it ok to ftf a gun from a P.O. if he bought a gun using his badge. For example he bought it and no longer likes it, and offered it to me for sale?

Yup. Assuming you are properly licensed and complete an FA10, it is legal to buy a gun from a LEO. The prohibition on many guns in MA ( like newer Glocks) is on dealers selling them, not buyers buying them. FTF is perfectly legal.

Yes, you're good to go. I've bought a few guns from cops, it's nice. I've always been weary of buying guns from strangers, but with cops you know you have nothing to worry about.

As long as you are both properly licensed in MA and are both MA residents, and you do it on an FA-10, go wild.

Got beat, twice.

Last edited:

Only if he has a valid LTC and you don't acquire post-ban hi-caps.

This has been beaten to death many times before.

This doesn't cover post-ban 10+ magazine tho, correct?

The source of the purchase does not affect legality of the actual items. So, a post ban, 17 round magazine is just as illegal to possess when purchased from a LEO as it would be if it were purchased from a non LEO.

Back
Top Bottom