Cabelas

gerrycaruso

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Anyone know if Cabelas is getting out of the gun business? I was there yesterday and a lot of the guns are gone. I know that people want self defense guns but most of the old guns from the Gun Library were also gone.

EJFudd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well, look at it this way: Sister store Bass Pro in Foxboro is essentially out of handguns except for some single action Rugers. Long gun inventory, especially shotguns, is down as well. Handgun and MSR ammo is near zero at both stores. So it's either a corporate thing or people are just buying everything they can get their hands on. [thinking]

I think it's the latter. [dance]

GomerPile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Cabelas lost my business long ago with their return policies and a bunch of other things.

IMO their only purpose is as as “safe space” for people too scared to be seen in a real gun shop. Secondly they are a decent backup for things I need right away.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Anyone know if Cabelas is getting out of the gun business? I was there yesterday and a lot of the guns are gone. I know that people want self defense guns but most of the old guns from the Gun Library were also gone.
I doubt it, IMHO there is a national shortage of guns and ammo at least in the back end of the supply chain. May be worse for Cabelas because they have different access than
others do. They might be in big BGs or even deal direct, but they ain't going to get allocation from someone else. So when their cheap shit is gone, its gone, until they can get
replenished.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I think there is just a high demand, we got election, pandemic and social unrest. 3 different reasons for someone to decide to buy a firearm.
This year already has broken all the records and by the end of the year I doubt it will ever be even touched anytime soon.

Like I tell people.... Obamascares and Sandy Hook were little shitty microburst storms. This shit is a Cat 5 hurricane.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Bass Pro in Savannah has had no small pistol primers the last two times I've been there, their pistol case is picked over, few pistols in it, and the rife/shotgun racks are pretty bare. I didn't look at ammo because I don't buy much ammo these days - I reload most of what I shoot.

mousegunfan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Bass Pro in Savannah has had no small pistol primers the last two times I've been there, their pistol case is picked over, few pistols in it, and the rife/shotgun racks are pretty bare. I didn't look at ammo because I don't buy much ammo these days - I reload most of what I shoot.
Everything needed for reloading is wiped out the same as guns.

GeneParm

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This year already has broken all the records and by the end of the year I doubt it will ever be even touched anytime soon.

Like I tell people.... Obamascares and Sandy Hook were little shitty microburst storms. This shit is a Cat 5 hurricane.
more like - This shit is a cat 5 shitstorm.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It would be a good thing for local gun stores, but probably just temporary lack of inventory.

jek

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I asked a salesman when I was there a month or so ago using some gift cards. He said the demand has been unbelievable for most anything guns. As soon as something comes in, it's gone. They were also very low on reloading supplies. The only primers were for shotshells. I did score some Trail Boss though.

Muddydog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
f-em both Cabelas and bass pro, Support your local LGS or if they dont have it, buy from gunbroker and ship to them and toss them a c-note for helping,
All the gear you bought and paid a little extra for the lifetime guarantee, Jonny Morris took your cash and bent you over.........90% is imported crap anyways

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nooooo!!!
Were there any handguns left at all in the Gun Library?

This shit is a Cat 5 hurricane.
more like - This shit is a cat 5 shitstorm.

Still needs a soundtrack.
Maybe something in a bass range;
something that sounds like a spiritual.

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
f-em both Cabelas and bass pro, Support your local LGS or if they dont have it, buy from gunbroker and ship to them and toss them a c-note for helping,
All the gear you bought and paid a little extra for the lifetime guarantee, Jonny Morris took your cash and bent you over.........90% is imported crap anyways
He's bad because he's successful? Not aware of his past transgressions...please inform us. I think if Cabelas and BPS disappeared it would be a bad thing for us. Choose not to shop there if you don't want to.

Top Bottom