• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cabelas

falcon123

NES Member
I stopped by Cabelas today to see if there was anything worth buying and the gun section was bare. The rifle shelves behind the counter were empty. Small selection of pistols in the display cases and no powder, primers etc. Are they going out of business or was it panic buying after the riots?

Welcome to the party, Pal. It’s been full on panic buying since the start of Covid. Sprinkle in civil unrest, and the potential for a Biden presidency and you’ve got a worse panic buy then Obama scare 1 & 2. At least then I could get primers if I bought in bulk.

Browsed their site last night bc I haven't in about 4-5 months. Ugh prices were more rude than before. LOL
I noticed they had a lot less variety of options to choose from than before too. Their new web format is not great either.
I used to love them before now but now meh.

Was there yesterday as well before hitting Great Road Firearms, they had NOTHING. I bought two loose sleeves of SPM primers and that's it. I talked to one of the clerk's I know and he said this is the busiest the store has ever been with the least inventory he's ever seen especially firearms wise.

I stopped by Cabelas today to see if there was anything worth buying and the gun section was bare. The rifle shelves behind the counter were empty. Small selection of pistols in the display cases and no powder, primers etc. Are they going out of business or was it panic buying after the riots?
Have you been out to a gun shop since March? Covid plus George floyd = panic buy. Shelves have been slim pickings for months dude.

Welcome to the party, Pal. It’s been full on panic buying since the start of Covid. Sprinkle in civil unrest, and the potential for a Biden presidency and you’ve got a worse panic buy then Obama scare 1 & 2. At least then I could get primers if I bought in bulk.
If trump wins re election I see a ton of small gun shops going out of business just like early 2017.

Browsed their site last night bc I haven't in about 4-5 months. Ugh prices were more rude than before. LOL
I noticed they had a lot less variety of options to choose from than before too. Their new web format is not great either.
I used to love them before now but now meh.

Ya the new web format is not good. It's along the lines of the BassPro format which was inferior to what Cabelas had. I haven't been to the store in a long time. Don't really see myself going anytime soon either. Since my credit card knocked off their gift cards as rewards and I stocked up on shotgun ammo a while ago there has been no need to head that way.

If trump wins re election I see a ton of small gun shops going out of business just like early 2017.

I'm not so sure about that at least for a while. If he wins the liberals are going to riot for a while and the cities are going to be crazy. I think there will still be plenty of panic buying. Makes me sad since there are a few guns out there I want for my collection but I'm not willing to go fight the masses to get them.

Have you been out to a gun shop since March? Covid plus George floyd = panic buy. Shelves have been slim pickings for months dude.

I reload my own and am fully stocked for any blm looters that might want to come by my house. I just happened to visit the urgent care place next door for some stitching on my hands from a work accident and ran into Cabelas to look at safes. Still got plenty of powder, bullets, primers necessary to make more.
Speaking of safes, what's a good fireproof safe to hold about 30 long guns and a bunch of ammo and other "valuables" ?

Try buying kayaks! Lol only got ours because wallyworld has just got a delivery of 5. Multiple Ocean state locations and bass pro completely sold out in NH

I reload my own and am fully stocked for any blm looters that might want to come by my house. I just happened to visit the urgent care place next door for some stitching on my hands from a work accident and ran into Cabelas to look at safes. Still got plenty of powder, bullets, primers necessary to make more.
Speaking of safes, what's a good fireproof safe to hold about 30 long guns and a bunch of ammo and other "valuables" ?
Check out Eastern Security Safes, I believe in Mendon.

Lol, not happening. Most of the guys still in business right now already survived the earlier slump. Yeah a few tiny ones will get picked off but not enough to even be noticed.....

Try buying kayaks! Lol only got ours because wallyworld has just got a delivery of 5. Multiple Ocean state locations and bass pro completely sold out in NH

Pretty much anything for outside. I had to get a bike carrier this year since the truck is gone and replaced with a 4Runner. Had to wait a bit for them to come back in stock. Stalked the site and ordered one as soon as I could. They went back out of stock the next day. Luckily I managed to get one. It's crazy times. It is nice to see more people have left their houses. Only took a pandemic for it to happen.

If you are looking for something for outside this winter like snowshoes, skis, sleds, and probably gear like jackets the time is now to buy. They will be gone fast too.

Well, the retard president won’t, so your theory won’t matter.

Thanks

I wouldn't count on him losing. I'm not saying he's good/bad or doing right/wrong. I just remember thinking last time around he was doing everything he could to lose and he still won. Uncle Joe isn't exactly getting the liberals all excited about him. ONly reason I see he is doing well is because Trump is doing the best he can to lose this time around as well.

I know we’re talking about shooting supply’s in short supply but I’ve been tearing the net apart looking for a 10” ridgid sliding compound miter saw ! I can’t find one in the country due to the U S - China trade war !! I need the 70 degree miter capacity. I make flag boxes ( for free ) for veterans who need one. I can get the 12” ridgid saw but it weighs almost 70lbs witch makes it not very portable for job site use .......

I know we’re talking about shooting supply’s in short supply but I’ve been tearing the net apart looking for a 10” ridgid sliding compound miter saw ! I can’t find one in the country due to the U S - China trade war !! I need the 70 degree miter capacity. I make flag boxes ( for free ) for veterans who need one. I can get the 12” ridgid saw but it weighs almost 70lbs witch makes it not very portable for job site use .......

I have a 10” Craftsman with a nearly new Diablo blade I’m not using any more. I have my 12” Bosch and my table saw that I do a majority of my cutting with. PM me if you want more info. The Craftsman is not a slider though.

Well, the retard president won’t, so your theory won’t matter.

Thanks
What makes you think that? Every US media pole in 2016 had Hillary clobbering trump in a runaway election and trump ended up handily meeting hildabeast.

Fyi before you go off the deep end I voted for Gary Johnson

Last edited:
I have a 10” Craftsman with a nearly new Diablo blade I’m not using any more. I have my 12” Bosch and my table saw that I do a majority of my cutting with. PM me if you want more info. The Craftsman is not a slider though.
I appreciate the offer but the miter capacity is not there. I am actually replacing a bosh mitersaw and table saw that I have owned and used daily for 20 solid years with no problems ! I just bought a new bosh table saw and wanted another bosh miter saw but again the miter capacity won’t swing to 67 1/2 degrees. I have been making the cuts on my table saw but the new ridgid saw would make life much easier

Hey! Go black, you'll never go back! Bitch to clean though...........I'm talking powder not people......What's wrong with you guys?

It was all gone 3 days after they reopened. I wiped half their federal 100 primers. I should have bought them all.

That being said. I refuse to give Cabelas any business except for Primers if I'm around, only because 99% of local gun stores never carry primers.

What makes you think that? Every US media pole in 2016 had Hillary clobbering trump in a runaway election and trump ended up handily meeting hildabeast.

Fyi before you go off the deep end I voted for Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson really? The chief should take your ltc.

Gary Johnson really? The chief should take your ltc.
. I chose the libertarian ticket because I could not stand the hildebeast or the orange man.

Have to say.....the orange man has done a few things right....and a few wrong. I may actually vote for the f***er this fall.

As far as your comment about the chief taking my ltc......feel free to ram it.....right up your arse. At least Gary Johnson as a libertarian believes in the 2a to the core and no license should ever be required for a fire arm....so there's that.

Last edited:
Hey! Go black, you'll never go back! Bitch to clean though...........I'm talking powder not people......What's wrong with you guys?

What's wrong with us? We like our ballistics charts to not look like rainbows. We're not trying to find leprechauns and pots of gold when looking at load data [laugh]

. I chose the libertarian ticket because I could not stand the hildebeast or the orange man.

Have to say.....the orange man has done a few things right....and a few wrong. I may actually vote for the f***er this fall.

As far as your comment about the chief taking my ltc......feel free to ram it.....right up your arse. At least Gary Johnson as a libertarian believes in the 2a to the core and no license should ever be required for a fire arm....so there's that.

The libertarians made an impression on me but i don't regret leaving the party.

Back
Top Bottom