Cabelas

gerrycaruso

NES Member
Anyone know if Cabelas is getting out of the gun business? I was there yesterday and a lot of the guns are gone. I know that people want self defense guns but most of the old guns from the Gun Library were also gone.

Well, look at it this way: Sister store Bass Pro in Foxboro is essentially out of handguns except for some single action Rugers. Long gun inventory, especially shotguns, is down as well. Handgun and MSR ammo is near zero at both stores. So it's either a corporate thing or people are just buying everything they can get their hands on. [thinking]

I think it's the latter. [dance]

Cabelas lost my business long ago with their return policies and a bunch of other things.

IMO their only purpose is as as “safe space” for people too scared to be seen in a real gun shop. Secondly they are a decent backup for things I need right away.

Anyone know if Cabelas is getting out of the gun business? I was there yesterday and a lot of the guns are gone. I know that people want self defense guns but most of the old guns from the Gun Library were also gone.

I doubt it, IMHO there is a national shortage of guns and ammo at least in the back end of the supply chain. May be worse for Cabelas because they have different access than
others do. They might be in big BGs or even deal direct, but they ain't going to get allocation from someone else. So when their cheap shit is gone, its gone, until they can get
replenished.

I think there is just a high demand, we got election, pandemic and social unrest. 3 different reasons for someone to decide to buy a firearm.

This year already has broken all the records and by the end of the year I doubt it will ever be even touched anytime soon.

Like I tell people.... Obamascares and Sandy Hook were little shitty microburst storms. This shit is a Cat 5 hurricane.

Bass Pro in Savannah has had no small pistol primers the last two times I've been there, their pistol case is picked over, few pistols in it, and the rife/shotgun racks are pretty bare. I didn't look at ammo because I don't buy much ammo these days - I reload most of what I shoot.

Bass Pro in Savannah has had no small pistol primers the last two times I've been there, their pistol case is picked over, few pistols in it, and the rife/shotgun racks are pretty bare. I didn't look at ammo because I don't buy much ammo these days - I reload most of what I shoot.

Everything needed for reloading is wiped out the same as guns.

This year already has broken all the records and by the end of the year I doubt it will ever be even touched anytime soon.

Like I tell people.... Obamascares and Sandy Hook were little shitty microburst storms. This shit is a Cat 5 hurricane.

more like - This shit is a cat 5 shitstorm.

I was at cabelas in CT a few weeks back, much different situation, no handgun/556 ammo but tons of everything else and tons of guns both new and used

wiped out at BPS in Hooksett too, maybe it's the same employees that took all the ammo lol

It would be a good thing for local gun stores, but probably just temporary lack of inventory.

I asked a salesman when I was there a month or so ago using some gift cards. He said the demand has been unbelievable for most anything guns. As soon as something comes in, it's gone. They were also very low on reloading supplies. The only primers were for shotshells. I did score some Trail Boss though.

f-em both Cabelas and bass pro, Support your local LGS or if they dont have it, buy from gunbroker and ship to them and toss them a c-note for helping,
All the gear you bought and paid a little extra for the lifetime guarantee, Jonny Morris took your cash and bent you over.........90% is imported crap anyways

Nooooo!!!
Were there any handguns left at all in the Gun Library?

This shit is a Cat 5 hurricane.
more like - This shit is a cat 5 shitstorm.

4f7rqu.jpg

Still needs a soundtrack.
Maybe something in a bass range;
something that sounds like a spiritual.

f-em both Cabelas and bass pro, Support your local LGS or if they dont have it, buy from gunbroker and ship to them and toss them a c-note for helping,
All the gear you bought and paid a little extra for the lifetime guarantee, Jonny Morris took your cash and bent you over.........90% is imported crap anyways

He's bad because he's successful? Not aware of his past transgressions...please inform us. I think if Cabelas and BPS disappeared it would be a bad thing for us. Choose not to shop there if you don't want to.

Cabelas was the only place I could find vp9 mags in the past 6 months

Really? they have been in and out of stock on HK website. ill send ya a message next time I see them in stock. The ones they sell have a red follower which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom