Cabela's in Hartford - how to get there?

Supposedly today is the day that Cabela's opens its doors at the store in East Hartford. Cabela's website list 475 East Hartford Blvd. North, East Hartford as the store address, however neither Google Maps, nor Mapquest show it as valid. The general location is somewhere in the area of the Rentschler Field.

Does anyone know where exactly it is and have directions? I am guessing that taking Rt 84 South to exit 58 is the way to go for me but I am not positive.

Thanks

Last edited:
From Springfield, I go down 91 to Hartford, then take the left exit onto 84 east. Keep to the right, go over the river and exit to Route 2 south. It's probably less than 1/2 mile.

Again, stay to the right and take the Willow Street exit - it's like the first one you get to (Exit 5 maybe?). At the bottom of the ramp take a left and go under the highway and to the set of lights. You'll see Pratt & Whitney dead ahead. Go through the lights and follow the road by the parking lots till you get to another set of lights. You'll see Cabela's ahead and to the right. If you were to turn left at that intersection the surplus store (open Sat, Tues & Thurs) is around the curve on the left. Check it out, there are some cool things there for real cheap.

When you leave just go back out the way you came in, you'll see the ramp for Route 2 and you're on your way home with an empty wallet and a trunk full of goodies.

This is from Yahoo coming South from 91;

7. Turn LEFT to take ramp onto I-91 S toward SPRINGFIELD go 35.3 mi 47.0 mi
8. Take LEFT exit #30/E. HARTFORD/NEW LONDON onto I-84 E go 0.8 mi 47.8 mi
9. Take exit #55/NORWICH/NEW LONDON onto CT-2 E go 3.0 mi 50.8 mi
10. Take exit #5C/MAPLE STREET go 0.1 mi 50.9 mi
11. Turn LEFT on MAPLE ST go 0.6 mi 51.5 mi
12. Turn LEFT on CLAYTON RD go < 0.1 mi 51.5 mi
13. Arrive at the center of 06118
EAST HARTFORD, CT

Cabela's
475 east hartford blvd north, east hartford, ct 06118

You all coming from 84 would just pick it up from # 9 (not sure if it would be exit 55 though seeing that I'm coming in alittle different.)

Thanks guys...I ended up taking Rt 84 South to exit 58. Very easy to get to from there.

BTW, YOU MUST GO if you haven't gone yet. What an amazing store.

Back
Top Bottom