Cabela's Fudd Rant

On a lighter note; see anything good while you were there. I'm heading down next week. Also, are AR's allowed in CT now? I thought they were banned there.

I'm no CT law expert, but I thought their AWB is similar to ours, except for the magazine capacity. They don't have mag cap restrictions. I do believe they ban certain guns buy name, like "Colt AR15", but any other brand is fine. Again, I could be wrong.

But they have tons there. I mostly shop for reloading supplies there. I try to avoid the pistols. Its just mean to look at all the ones we can't easily get. But all the guys there seem to know their stuff, and like to shoot the shit if their not swamped.

So the FUDD said

That's when I would have stepped in and said, "I've killed 3 white tail with a 223 and they all dropped like a stone." and walked away.

War Poodle whole heartedly agrees

101_0340.jpg

this makes Fudd's heads explode!!!!!!
20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

How much does an AK like that go for these days? I'm seeing a milled receiver and a folding stock, so I'm guessing upwards of a grand?

Some Fudd comes up to the counter and says, "Now tell me, why would anyone want that? It's not like .223 is any good for whitetail. Blah blah blah".

It's for protecting my liberty and your right to own single shot rifles and 10,000 dollar trap shotguns. [rolleyes]
Not that there's anything wrong with either...

I think what separates fudds from shooters is one simple act... Fuds dont really get enjoyment out of shooting for the most part. The shotgun or Bolt action or whatever they choose to own is really just a means for hunting. Other than deer and turkey season they dont shoot. I'd gather to say most dont shoot at all unless they site in or happen to see a deer or turkey. I wouldnt even put trap/ skeet/ sporting clay shooters in the fudd category because they are out enjoying their shotguns for more than just to harvest meat. Shooters like to shoot, most anything that goes bang they find a use and enjoyment out of. Shooters have an appreciation for most everything that goes bang. At least thats how I see it.

That part I find sick and twisted about fudds is ..... that they get all pissy about black rifles - probably because they have absorbed too much liberalism and a black rifle makes them feel uneasy inside - because black rifles are perceived as "dangerous" or for people who want to go and "kill".

Yet it's the fudds - who are actually out there killing things.

Just respond with "if it doesn't have a 20+ round detatchable box mag, a stigma, and a movement to ban it, I'm not interested in it taking up space in my safe. I like my guns to embody the purpose of the second amendment". That ought to shut them the f*** up and cause them to run to the orange blaze hat section.

So I was in Cabela's in Hartford today, just picking up some ammo, bullets, and powder. As I'm browsing the aisles, I overhear two guys behind the gun counter talking about some of the AR's. In particular, about a $1200 one decked out in all kinds of goodies.

Some Fudd comes up to the counter and says, "Now tell me, why would anyone want that? It's not like .223 is any good for whitetail. Blah blah blah". The Cabela's workers started to explain about the various uses for AR's, but I just felt the need to bitch slap this guy and tell him, "Because we f'ing can. Where does the 2A say its only for your bolt action or your over-under skeet gun?"

God, people like that drive me nuts. Shooters need to stick together. /rant
So, did you explain to them that they need all that stuff for the same reason that a dude that lives in an apartment, works in an office and doesnt own a boat needs a dodge RAM with a 3" lift?

For the sensitive people out there, in case you cant tell, I am just kidding.

Back
Top Bottom