• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Latest Boston Glob rant - Mill and Icky Black rifles.

the annoying part is - i was finally about to drive to the mill this week again, and i bet after this article, again, it will be a total zoo down there after that free commercial in the globe.
as in the end it is all of what it is, there is no bad publicity. globe does its small part in promoting gun sales in MA, and we should be grateful for their efforts.
Just as Bo Hussein was, and probably still is, recognized as national sales person of the year. Is Sarah the official MA firearms salesperson of the year?
Anyways, both SUCK!

Damn the federal court system needs to work faster. Make this all freaking irrelevant. I was patient last year. Now I'm getting antsy.

They all are. There are no longer any reporters who just tell the story. Now, they are all "journalists" who express their opinions as facts.
Propaganda. That's all the papers are these days. The good news is that they are mostly losing money, and laying off staff.

“Off limit” is the made up term used to describe perfectly legal guns. Dealers are artificially limited in what they can sell in MA. Why? The history is actually about small cheap revolvers that were the guns of choice for bangers back in the day. So all handguns are legal to own and buy unless assault weapons, but dealers can’t sell or transfer them for “reasons”. Finding a way to transfer them is a loophole because the guns are “off limits”. That makes it sound bad when there is zero evidence or proof or statistics or anything to support the limitations in the first place. You can purchase a glock 19, the most commonly purchased gun in America, from dealers in every state BUT MA. Ask yourself why.

Not an article written from an objective viewpoint that actually questions any of the underlying issues. It’s a hit piece. Does framing guns impact crime? Why are certain guns not allowed to be sold? Why do we have a roster in MA and how many other states do? At what rate do LTC holders commit crimes compared to all citizens? Compared to police officers? Why when there is a law REQUIRING the state to collect and report statistics on gun crimes, is this not happening? If the state was actually serious about addressing “gun violence” (why don’t we have alcohol violence or mini van violence?) wouldn’t they want to actually collect these statistics to understand what is happening? (Uh oh, black on black in high density poor cities is the primary issue you say?)

All the states actions show it’s about infringing on the rights of lawful gun owners and not about crime. The Boston Globe has lost their way and instead of calling bullshit and doing real digging and questioning, they are just a mouth piece for the left. They have their own agenda and they push it under the auspices of “journalism”. Does the reporter own a gun? Can she own a gun? What would happen if she did own a gun? Why do people who are scared of guns write articles about guns when they can’t do so from a place of knowledge instead of fear?

Sarah couldn’t navigate the Boston parking regulations, never mind the firearms laws. She works for the AG.
Are you sure she works for the AG?

Everything she writes makes the AG look bad. Until now, no one knew sh*t about the Mill, even the stupid Liberals taking their kids there never bothered to Google the place.

Now this woman comes around saying all sorts of illegal things are going on, saying dealers use "loopholes", the AG can either remain silent or has to react.

Unless it is a political game, like the AG was being stopped by someone else, but now they "have no option".

Gary Klein, a former assistant attorney general under now-governor Maura Healey, called the tactic “a ridiculous subterfuge.”

That is hilariously entertaining coming from state jackboots that won't allow you to purchase a new glock because it is "unsafe", when large numbers of police agencies issue glock firearms.

They aren't the only ones that get to twist the rules. We all know their rules are intrusive and designed to keep one from owning firearms.
It still amazes me that 7 million, dead, innocent Jews didn't teach Klein anything, never mind the dead Russians, Ukrainians, Cambodians, Chinese, Rwandans, Syrians and Armenians. No wonder why Hitler found it so easy to murder so many.

I also have a feeling that this level of stupidity applies to non-Jews as well.

It still amazes me that 7 million, dead, innocent Jews didn't teach Klein anything, never mind the dead Russians, Ukrainians, Cambodians, Chinese, Rwandans, Syrians and Armenians. No wonder why Hitler found it so easy to murder so many.

I also have a feeling that this level of stupidity applies to non-Jews as well.
It applies to NY and Hollywood Jews but rarely the rest in my experience but you never know. Ive never met a Jew from Israel that could afford to be that stupid.

The story is a big nothing burger.

They readily admit that when a frame or lower is sold, there is a Federal background check done. Furthermore, the ATF admits that they are looking for dealers that sold or transferred guns used in crimes. They then admit that the dealers in the Mill aren't doing this. And then they admit that what the Mill is doing is perfectly legal.

I'm sure that it's just coincidence that this story comes out when that POS bill is making it;'s way through the legislature.

Oh, and eff off with the hit piece on Greg N. , who isn't even here to defend himself....

How about explain what “the list” actually is? FFLs can’t sell law abiding citizens glocks because glocks are inherently unsafe “Saturday night specials” yet tons of police departments use them? Absurd!

Buy two of them instead. Or, better yet, buy a couple of those radian ambi lowers.
Radian ambi lower with the 45 selector is next level!

I still dont get what the typical liberal single woman thinks the anti-gun view solves? School shootings? Thats a blatant disregard for the many many minority gang bangers killed by each other or shooting innocent urban citizens. Do they think the 400M guns just start to biodegrade into dust when you change some obscure law?

Last edited:
Are you sure she works for the AG?

Everything she writes makes the AG look bad. Until now, no one knew sh*t about the Mill, even the stupid Liberals taking their kids there never bothered to Google the place.

Now this woman comes around saying all sorts of illegal things are going on, saying dealers use "loopholes", the AG can either remain silent or has to react.

Unless it is a political game, like the AG was being stopped by someone else, but now they "have no option".
I don't really know, it’s interesting point you make though. It’s hard to follow anything they say or write at this point. Can I get FOIA her 1099s?

Would a nice "cease and desist" request to the Globe and their employees for implying illegal activity is taking place have any effect?

Journalists can't just go around tossing accusations without any basis.
They'll (correctly) reply they didn't say nor imply anything illegal was happening. In fact, they explicitly said nothing illegal is happening.

It doesn't change that they would prefer that all of this were illegal. What it comes down to is that they're openly publishing propaganda under the guise of "responsible journalism."

They'll (correctly) reply they didn't say nor imply anything illegal was happening. In fact, they explicitly said nothing illegal is happening.

It doesn't change that they would prefer that all of this were illegal. What it comes down to is that they're openly publishing propaganda under the guise of "responsible journalism."
Correct that’s why they keep referring to “loophole.” It’s legal but the average globe reader has been trained to believe that’s some fancy way to perform an illegal activity. Reading through the article they are admitting that lower receivers are perfectly legal to sell and posses and passing this latest bill they will make them illegal. Which is contradictory to what the former AG had stated in her press release back in 2016.

Yes, no laws were broken. That's the whole point of the article, to demonstrate that we are not safe until the garbage bill to modernize gun laws is passed.
What that pillow biting reporter needs to do is show how many crimes are committed with these "transferred frames." Probably ZERO or next to ZERO. If there was a crime, it was because the blaster was stolen from the cat who had it legally.

What that pillow biting reporter needs to do is show how many crimes are committed with these "transferred frames." Probably ZERO or next to ZERO. If there was a crime, it was because the blaster was stolen from the cat who had it legally.
"None of these firearms have been used in a crime yet, but after we change the law theyll all be breaking the law"

How about explain what “the list” actually is? FFLs can’t sell law abiding citizens glocks because glocks are inherently unsafe “Saturday night specials” yet tons of police departments use them? Absurd!
Exactly. The press never actually digs into the actual reality of the 'consumer safety' angle. I am in favor of reasonable consumer safety protections, but in MA it is clearly being used as a sledgehammer to deny 99% of perfectly safe handguns to the citizens. The Glock example shows this clearly, as does Smith and Wesson not bothering to try to pass the absurd MA safety standards for most of their stuff even though they (used to be) based in MA.

Such distorted article can still make an impact. Westford's COP referenced the Globe's article when he voiced support for passage of Article 9 to "Amend the Zoning Bylaw to Define and Regulate Firearm Businesses and Related Terms" at the Special Town Meeting last evening.

Back
Top Bottom