Cabela's - dead to me

JayMcB

NES Member
Assachusetts when necessary. NH when possible
Martha strikes again. Now the fux @ Cabela's won't ship ammo to anyone with a BILLING address in MA, even if you are having the ammo shipped an address in a free state...like my place in NH. They said it is illegal, which is TOTAL bullshit.

F*CK Martha ****ley and her AG office for meddling in the affairs of (formerly) free men

You could always give the money to your friend that lives in that free state and have them order it with there credit/debit card. The sad reality is, that sometimes Cabelas will just have what you need due there buying power.

Finding other ways to stick it to Martha is one of the things that still makes me happy.

Do prepaid cards have a billing addess?

Also, USPS money orders are not flagged with the state of origin (in any obvious manner)

Martha strikes again. Now the fux @ Cabela's won't ship ammo to anyone with a BILLING address in MA, even if you are having the ammo shipped an address in a free state...like my place in NH. They said it is illegal, which is TOTAL bullshit.

So you're mad at Cabelas because you failed "bullshiting an ammo vendor 101?"

Having an alternate verification address for the card you use might also work. Then you just stick that address in as the billing address and if they try to do a verify on it it will pass. I had to do this years ago when I had a vendor ship stuff to a location that was not my home.

-Mike

No internet shooting supplier is going to risk a lawsuit that they may lose, resulting in millions of dollars in penalties, over the amount of money they can make in MA (or CT) and I don't blame them. I do know Cabela's in East Hartford stood by the gun owners in CT and testifed before the committee back in March & April.

F*CK Martha ****ley and her AG office for meddling in the affairs of (formerly) free men

Natchez did the same thing to me when I tried to order magazines to another state. I like the suggestion about the alternate CC address, I had not thought of that.

I don't blame Cabela's. If they have been warned, it's not worth getting fined thousands of dollars per violation over ammo orders. It's up to the local 2A organizations and citizens of the state to get this overturned.

Well thats the thing, it shouldn't matter as to where the address of the credit card is at, it should be where the item is being shipped too! So what would you all think if then this idiot state decided to make credit card companies charge you sales tax if you bought something in person in nh, and don't say that it's not the same thing because well it is. It is still private money used to purchase something from a business. Just wait these retards here will pass something like that and all of you will just sit here watching your tax free red sox and sipping on some kommie samual adams!

Charles.

I don't blame Cabela's. If they have been warned, it's not worth getting fined thousands of dollars per violation over ammo orders. It's up to the local 2A organizations and citizens of the state to get this overturned.
Interestingly, Bass Pro will not ship ammo into Taxachusetts even for Foxborough store pick-up where they could easily check your papers (as they do anyway) and determine that you meet Evil Marcia's strict criteria. Go figure. [thinking]

Find a ****ing friend in NH. Problem resolved.

So you're mad at Cabelas because you failed "bullshiting an ammo vendor 101?"

Having an alternate verification address for the card you use might also work. Then you just stick that address in as the billing address and if they try to do a verify on it it will pass. I had to do this years ago when I had a vendor ship stuff to a location that was not my home.

-Mike

I am not trying to beat a dead horse, but Mike hit the nail right on the head. Set up 2 addresses on your credit or debit card and be done with it.

I order ammo from cabelas from time to time for any specialty hunting stuff I need & have it shipped to the East Hartford store. Just did it last week and had no problems, it does take two weeks for delivery to the store though. Sucks that I then have to drive 45 minutes (one way) there to go pick it up. It's a huge inconvience for the average hunter like myself. No one ships ammo to MA without an FFL & I don't even like dealing with the local shops asking them to order you ammo they either give you a hard time or rake you over the coals on the price.

Thanks Massachusetts, cant wait stop giving you my tax money.

The card had a second address on it, at my brother's place in RI, where they refused to ship the order.

The idea of leaving 1500 rounds out naked at my place in NH until I could pick it up was too much to risk.

I wouldn't give them the corn out of my shit now. I am done with them.

They had Herter's 50 round 9MM on sale for 13.99/box, which is a pretty good price in this market. Crocksuckers can all go die in a fire.

Maybe there's another reason...
Unbridled rage is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.
Pre-digested corn cannot, should not be electronically transferrable.

NES member, Life NRA, Life CRPA, DRRC member, LTC Oregon, United States Marine, and some but not all people like me

It's pretty funny. I had them on the phone for at least an hour a few months ago, trying to get someone to explain to me the policy on not shipping to mass. No one could but they promised to find out and get back to me. Still haven't heard a peep. Like everything else, they fall back on, it's just our policy, that way you really can't argue.

Did this just happen? I ordered last week with MA billing and NH shipping address and it worked no problem.

When you post statments like this, you can't have nice things.

Geez you guys know this forum is monitored by Martha's minions, right ?

That's no joke, you're screwing yourselves.

If they won't ship to a NH address with a MA credit card will they ship to MA with a NH credit card?

Once they open the Berlin store they should be able to put MA LTC info on file and ship to MA addresses with an adult signature. They'll have the license to sell ammo and collect sales tax on it since they'll be licensed and in state. Does that sound right? If that meets the state's language and they still refuse to ship then you (we) can get all kind of angry on them.

When you post statments like this, you can't have nice things.

Geez you guys know this forum is monitored by Martha's minions, right ?

That's no joke, you're screwing yourselves.
**** martha. You watching martha[wave]good, **** you!! Someday someone with deep pockets will call this bitch out on this. IIRC there is no law on the books for shipping ammo to mass.

someone with the deep pockets might, but the vendors will still cower in fear of her unlimited taxpayer funded prosecution/harassment budget.

the fact that my sales/income/excise taxes go to fund that hag's office makes me sick. I have an approximate 8 year sentence left before I can escape this prison of a state.

The card had a second address on it, at my brother's place in RI, where they refused to ship the order.

The idea of leaving 1500 rounds out naked at my place in NH until I could pick it up was too much to risk.

I wouldn't give them the corn out of my shit now. I am done with them.

They had Herter's 50 round 9MM on sale for 13.99/box, which is a pretty good price in this market. Crocksuckers can all go die in a fire.

There are no ammo restrictions in RI, why wouldn't they ship it there?

Buy in NH. Save the tax, save the shipping cost, save the aggravation. That is what I have been doing for decades.

Back
Top Bottom