Cabela's - dead to me

Pardon my ignorance. If there is no law against shipping ammo to MA residents, what is the nature of the threat made to vendors by the AG?

In a nutshell from EddieCoyle's excellent write up:

There is a law which prohibits Commonwealth vendors from selling ammo without a permit from a store in Massachusetts. The permit is issued by the Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) of each city/town the Vendor is located in for an annual fee.

No CLEO can issue a permit to a Vendor not located in their city/town.

The Massachusetts Attorney Generals office has interpreted a storefront face-to-face sales law and apply to internet sales in other states.

The law has never been challenged. Vendors simply do not wish to put up the money to fight the Massachusetts Attorney Generals office.

Eddie Coyle's full write up (Post #3)
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...4-list-companies-ship-ammo-components-ma.html

GOAL's take on internet ammunition sales: Perfectly legal.
GOAL's Ammunition Sales Information Page

Martha strikes again. Now the fux @ Cabela's won't ship ammo to anyone with a BILLING address in MA, even if you are having the ammo shipped an address in a free state...like my place in NH. They said it is illegal, which is TOTAL bullshit.

F*CK Martha ****ley and her AG office for meddling in the affairs of (formerly) free men
Your credit card company may deny the sale and suspend the card if the shipping address does not match the address of record on the credit card. Happened to me last year. Was not buying ammo; just a Firestik II antenna for my Uniden CB radio. Since I was going to be out of town, I wanted it shipped to a friend's address so he could sign for it and keep it safe for me until I returned. Credit card company suspected fraud, cancelled my credit card and issued me a new one after verifying my identity.

Yeah I used to get mad to but you can understand they do not want to get sued. It is marthas fault I just got back from a trip to naine and stopped at cabellas I bought 2 "preban" AR mags for $14 a piece can't beat that. If you wanna be mad take it out on martha and the rats that reported the online sales.

Your credit card company may deny the sale and suspend the card if the shipping address does not match the address of record on the credit card. Happened to me last year. Was not buying ammo; just a Firestik II antenna for my Uniden CB radio. Since I was going to be out of town, I wanted it shipped to a friend's address so he could sign for it and keep it safe for me until I returned. Credit card company suspected fraud, cancelled my credit card and issued me a new one after verifying my identity.

Just put the destination address on file with the credit card company. Takes 5 minutes. Problem avoided.

-Mike

Just put the destination address on file with the credit card company. Takes 5 minutes. Problem avoided.

-Mike
Thanks for the tip, Mike! Too bad I did not think of that. Would have saved some time and trouble. Wasn't a whole lot of money: Firestik II antenna, 13' of FireFlex coax, stainless antenna mount and spring. Short dough, really. But definitely a big deal to Bank of America! [smile]

Cabelas has ammo to ship? I ordered last December and it is still on back order.

Well thats the thing, it shouldn't matter as to where the address of the credit card is at, it should be where the item is being shipped too! So what would you all think if then this idiot state decided to make credit card companies charge you sales tax if you bought something in person in nh, and don't say that it's not the same thing because well it is. It is still private money used to purchase something from a business. Just wait these retards here will pass something like that and all of you will just sit here watching your tax free red sox and sipping on some kommie samual adams!

Charles.
I hate to ruin your day, but technically, when you buy something out of state and you are a Mass Resident and you bring it home with you, you are required to pay the Mass Use Tax, equivalent to the Mass Sales Tax on it. It is paid through your tax return.
Use Tax Due on Out-of-State Purchases Worksheet Example

Perhaps it would work to get their own Visa card, the Cabela's Club Visa, and make the billing address NH. Plus you get $5 flat-rate shipping for all orders, including ammo when you use their card.

I "heard" that they accepted their own Visa card, even with a MA billing address and a NH shipping address, as recently as June. But maybe they have changed their policy since then. If I had a, theoretical, problem using their own card, I would try updating my billing address to NH.

No internet shooting supplier is going to risk a lawsuit that they may lose, resulting in millions of dollars in penalties, over the amount of money they can make in MA (or CT) and I don't blame them. I do know Cabela's in East Hartford stood by the gun owners in CT and testifed before the committee back in March & April.

This.

I have ammo shipped to nh all the time from cabbalas and make my billing address in ma. never an issue.

Back
Top Bottom