C&R Sent....the wait begins

I had an application.....and go figure I can't find it, so I requested another one this evening. Hopefully it comes in a reasonable amount of time.

Mailed the Application on 6/2 and my debit was dinged on 6/9.

Seems they might be catching up on their backlog.

Wooo Hooo! Got my app yesterday......[smile]

The mailing address on the form is the Atlanta office..... Thought I read in one of the discussions that that is an old location and they moved..... Before I send this in I would like to confirm that I am sending it to the right place....[wink]

Where did you guys send yours?

Should I start to worry?
A few people in this thread sent in applications after me and have already received theirs.

WOOOHOO!!! FINALLY!!!!!

C&R FFL was in the mailbox today!!! Mailed on 6/2/09. Oddly enough there were also 2 C&R Applications in there too in a separate envelope mailed the same day. They are the forms I ordered on 5/12 which means the app I received and sent back on 6/2 was the from one of the online requests I made in either December or February.

Last edited:
Pete,

BATF says that C&R application should take 60 days minimum, and could take longer if there are any complications.

Sent in to get C&R app on 6/10....Recieved it yesterday 7/22.

Mailed out this morning. Now the real wait begins....

After requesting the app via the web over a month ago (same time I applied for a non-res NH LTC), I finally got the 03FFL app yesterday - and happily sent it back to Atlanta this morning!

That should be interesting to see who gets theirs in first, since we both mailed them on the same day.

I sent mine at the end of April and I'm still waiting. Others who sent theirs long after me have already received theirs. Some only waited a couple of weeks, I'm close to 11 weeks of waiting now.
I'm about to call them and tell them to give me my money back and shove their license up their a$$!!!!

You need to call Yolonda....be nice. She will get things sorted out. Sorry dont have the # for her at ATF license depatment handy

I see posters using the term "C+R Firearm" what makes a firearm a C+R firearm? I thought if you have an FFL then your eligible to purchase any firearm that can be sold in Mass.?

C&R FFL is not the "commercial" FFL you are thinking of. The C&R only allows the collection of Curios and Relics and not the commercial sales of modern arms.

C&R firearms are typically over 50 years old and / or have been classified as such by the BATFE. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Sent my app out on 7/23 check cashed today. I did however find out that I put the name of the previous CLEO for Newton on the form and not the current chief who was appointed a few months ago. Anyone think this will hold things up for me?

C&R FFL 03 facilitates collection of Curious and Relic firearms on the BATFE C&R list. Also includes most guns 50years old or older. There are still federal and state laws that need to be followed. Ex there are machine guns on the C&R list yet you still need to hold a machine gun permit in MA to posses also any other Machine guns regulations?

The ATF website has good amount of info. I like the CD they send with your license.

01SVT, Your inbox is full. Can't send a PM back to you.

I haven't got mine yet. Unless it came in Saturday. I haven't been home yet this weekend.

Really? That's crazy that I got mine first. Now I have to figure out what to do with it.

Here's a suggestion...

110357.jpg

Here's a suggestion...

Nah. Out of a crate of Mosins you'll only wind up with 2 or 3 the most that are different from the rest and even then maybe you'll be lucky enough to get something like an East German marked model.

Every new C&R holders needs to do what myself and thousands of others did... buy one of everything you can get, then when you really start liking some of your new surplus guns, buy more of that type.[smile]

Seriously though, buy one of whatever you can get because before you know it, it'll cost double or worse yet... you may not be able to get it anymore.

Nah. Out of a crate of Mosins you'll only wind up with 2 or 3 the most that are different from the rest and even then maybe you'll be lucky enough to get something like an East German marked model.

Every new C&R holders needs to do what myself and thousands of others did... buy one of everything you can get, then when you really start liking some of your new surplus guns, buy more of that type.[smile]

Seriously though, buy one of whatever you can get because before you know it, it'll cost double or worse yet... you may not be able to get it anymore.

This makes logical sense, but something about actually taking delivery on a whole damn coffin full of MN goodness gets me all worked up. [grin]

This makes logical sense, but something about actually taking delivery on a whole damn coffin full of MN goodness gets me all worked up. [grin]

I thought the same thing when I saw crates of consecutive numbered Yugo 59/66 SKS rifles still in the grease for sale.
Like Garth from Wayne's World said: "makes me feel kinda funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class."[smile]

Back
Top Bottom