• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C&R Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1966

NES Member
I just picked up a couple of nice 91/30s on my C&R, decided on one and will be selling the other to a friend.
This will be my first DISposition...my question is, what I need to do to keep it legal in Ma.
Just a bill of sale stating I sold it to him and he fills out his own fa-10? Do I need to fill it out like a selling shop would?
He has his LTC-A but not a C&R.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, but I'm all set with what I need to do on MY end with an aquisition...this will be the 1st time I've SOLD one and Im not sure what I need to do.
A bill of sale to other party and THEY do their own FA-10 I'm assuming...

Thanks guys, but I'm all set with what I need to do on MY end with an aquisition...this will be the 1st time I've SOLD one and Im not sure what I need to do.
A bill of sale to other party and THEY do their own FA-10 I'm assuming...

You're not listening. As the seller it is YOUR responsibility to submit the FA-10 signed by both parties. You clearly are NOT set with what you need to do on your end and should research it more.

You're not listening. As the seller it is YOUR responsibility to submit the FA-10 signed by both parties. You clearly are NOT set with what you need to do on your end and should research it more.

AKA all Mass rules apply. That part is independent of the C&R thing. You and he both put your info on the FA-10 bla bla bla.

In addition to the normal state paperwork, you now enter the disposition in your bound book.

Ouch...answer AND attitude. I need to file my fa-10 and enter it in my book ON MY END- DONE. Not my first trip to the aquisition rodeo.
My question was whether I needed to fill out his FA-10 in the dealer sense or whether it was his to do...which you have graciously answered. 1st DISposition remember?
The answer I greatly appreciate, the attitude, not so much ....THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Your original response proves that you did NOT understand. I answered your question specifically by stating that you must fill out an FA-10 and chinalfr added that you must satisfy federal requirements on the disposition in addition to state. Perhaps you shouldn't dismiss answers because you think you know what you're talking about, but that's what you did.

I only dismissed the part already I knew and re-asked the part I needed answered.
See the word "assuming" in that post. I was wrong- it happens sometimes...I got what I needed and you were thanked accordingly for your contribution.
If having the last word is important to you, have at it. I'm not going to argue this with you. Thanks again

Last edited:
I still sense the OP still confused regard the sale.

There is no need of bill of sale, but won't hurt to have one. This sale do not have anything do with OP C&R license. This sale is a normal firearm sale. OP, your first firearm sale can be complete either using FTF FA10 or transfer using FFL dealer.

If you still confused, I'll suggest to complete the transaction by transferring using a FFL dealer.

Sent from my broken iPhone.

I do not know all the details of the transaction with your friend, so please just consider this a few words of caution. I do not believe the ATF would be happy find a C&R holder is buying and then immediately selling to a friend. I realise that the regulations on this are not crystal clear, but a C&R holder does not want to establish a pattern of buying and then selling right away. It might appear to an ATF inspector examining a bound book that the C&R holder is using their FFL for something other than adding to their personal collection.

Your C&R means squat in a MA face to face transaction with the exception of logging it out of your book. Other than that its business as usual as if you were selling a new production gun. Any further info can be found in the MGL section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom