• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C & R book

Liker Stated until it's in your hands it's really not yours, and make sure the serial number on the invoice
they send you match the gun.I had one guy put the wrong numbers on the invoice, and his log book.

Is logging in/out required if the item is going to a gunsmith for repair?

If I remember right, if the gunsmith has it more than a day, they are required to log it in their book. If they're logging it, I'm also going to log the C&R in and out of my book as well. I do not have a cite for that close at hand, though.

If I remember right, if the gunsmith has it more than a day, they are required to log it in their book. If they're logging it, I'm also going to log the C&R in and out of my book as well. I do not have a cite for that close at hand, though.
Correct.

If they're required to log it in (and they are if it's not returned on the same business day), it becomes an FFL-FFL transfer, and same when you pick it up.

If you have a gunsmith work on C&R items, it's best to work this out in advance and make sure they know what C&R is, and that they'll recognize your FFL.

This has probably been asked here before but when receiving the firearm the seller is obligated to provide name and address OR name and license? I ask this because almost all sellers I have dealt with provide a copy of their license. So as the buyer I record their name, address, and license in my log. Recently I have had two sellers provide name and address but no license? What I am asking is this ok to record just sellers name and address? I think so. This was a recent topic/argument on another forum I am on.

This has probably been asked here before but when receiving the firearm the seller is obligated to provide name and address OR name and license? I ask this because almost all sellers I have dealt with provide a copy of their license. So as the buyer I record their name, address, and license in my log. Recently I have had two sellers provide name and address but no license? What I am asking is this ok to record just sellers name and address? I think so. This was a recent topic/argument on another forum I am on.
If you have the license number, use that. That's the only thing needed.

If you don't have a license number, you must enter name, address, and (forgive me, it's been a long time) the type of ID and ID details (number, etc.)

Like I said, it's been a long time: it could be that the ID details in lieu of FFL number only applies to dispositions.

Another oddity, unless it's changed: interstate acquisitions can be at any location, but interstate dispositions to non-licensees can only be done at your licensed address. Type 01 FFLs get a pass on that for gun shows, but collectors don't.

Back
Top Bottom