C&R becoming useless!!!

SKS Ray

NES Member
I'm so pissed right now I could wipe my ass with a copy of my C&R license and mail it out today to Samco Global Arms!
I can say their name here now because they're lumped in with the list of importers that will not ship rifles to Massachusetts 03 license holders. In the past I've jumped through hoops for them, had orders put on hold while I faxed them copies of my MA LTC along with multiple copies of my C&R because they were "needed again for records". But I refuse to wait another month to have them ship to an 01 FFL holder because my license can't be accepted.
Back in mid November I placed an order with Samco for a Yugoslavian M59 SKS. After arguing with the operator that my C&R was not expired she finally looked closer and agreed it was ok and went through with the order, charging my debit card for $166. I called back every week to check for a tracking number and to see if the order had been shipped yet so I'd know to watch for it. Finally last night I checked a forum where others were waiting for the same rifle and saw one Florida collector had gotten his. I figured mine must have been shipped and called today again.
When the operator looked up my order she said they issued my card the credit for the amount and that a new law says they can't ship to 03 holders anymore. I asked to talk to someone in charge to find out why and finally spoke with the manager and he said after talking to one of their distributors (Lew Horton who doesn't accept CR licensese from anywhere) they decided that Massachusetts, some other states and some counties were off their list of places they can ship to 03 license holders. I argued about them having both my licenses on file and that the C&R was a FEDERAL License but was told the owner of the company made the decision and that the grey area of the laws made it too risky for them to sell. He also said many other companies are following this decision about not selling to Mass residents.
I was told I can call back tomorrow and speak with the owner of the company for more specific information. I don't know if its agood idea or not. I may just get pissed enough and tell him to take the rifle, extend the bayonet, and take turns sticking it up their asses.
I'm so friggin pissed I wish I had the money to go the all American way and start suing people left and right starting with Tom Reilly who I have a feeling is behind all this. I know I wouldn't stand a chance in hell of any changes or money but I'd get the satisfaction of thrusting this shit into the spotlight.

This is interesting. I ordered my K31 from them a year or so ago with no problem. Apparently, they are too nervous to sell into the Commonwealth, but then again, their selection isn't the greatest. OTOH, there are still several that will, so take your business to them.

Oh, as to other companies not selling, they might just be saying that with no actual knowledge.

gary

Man, you need a fix. Better go buy something old and full of cosmoline right away.

Hey - gives you an excuse to take a trip out to Sturbridge to check out Bron Classic Firearms. I bet that if you called John right now, he'd have at least three of the guns on your must-have list. Ph: 508-347-5580

Screw SAMCO!

well the lady who ansewers the phone was unhelpfull to me earlier this week, not willing to check to see if my ffl showed, rude and short with me. I was willing to buy then and had confirmation from other vendors they had my ffl allready.
was this way twice, so screw them.

TTBOMK, Lew Horton's has NEVER accepted a C&R FFL . . . this is what I remember for many more years than I've had mine. So they aren't an authority on what's allowed.

IF you call the Samco President, refer him to Chief Ron Glidden (have him call Lee PD) for the real answers.

I had this same crap from SOG when I tried . . . three times . . . to get them to ship a CETME to Four Seasons for me. We got Carl on the phone 2 times and they had his FFL on file, finally the third time (this was in 2001) they told me that they could not ship any rifles to MA FFLs at all! They wouldn't listen, disconnected me when I asked to talk with a manager to try to straighten it out. I crossed them off my list and wouldn't do business with them again, regardless of any change in their policies.

Awww Crap, I wanted to get a yugo from them too.

Can somebody PM me with a company that ships to a Mass C&R that has good Ugo SKSs with accesories?

-Weer'd

sounds like the stink of reily is only getting worse and he wont be gone soon enough...

We can only hope that Martha isn't AS BAD as him.

No, haven't called back yet. Christmas rush got everything pretty busy at work all of a sudden and they're closed by the time I get home.

Sucks to live in mass, doesn't it!
This is exactly what the dems are looking for. If enough states follow mass' lead, no firearms would be sold anywhere and no more "bans" will be necessary.

Exactly! My worry is that with the numbers of them coming up here and wanting to make this like what they left behind Maine will go the same route.

Back
Top Bottom