• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bx25 x2 10/22 mags. Bad luck?

Earlier this year After purchasing my 10/22 I began to get sick of constantly reloading my 10 round mag. My buddy suggested I pick up a couple of the Bx25's So I wouldn't spend half the range trip reloading. So wide eyed and with some money in my pocket I headed over to Shooters Outpost. Hanging above the Bx25's was a new Magazine Ruger released, the Bx25x2 . Pretty much 2 of the others molded together. It was cheaper than buying 2 of the 25 rounders so I picked it up.

My first range trip it was a disaster. Every 3rd or 4th shot it wouldn't feed and the round looked like someone took a bite out of it. I tried my 10 round and my Buddy's 25's and fired flawlessly. Figuring it was the ammo (I was using lead round nose.) I swapped it over to some lead hollow point. I noticed one side fired fine, but when I flipped the magazine around to fire the other side, it kept getting Jammed as it was feeding.

I got it home and looked at it, and we compared it to my friend's 25 rounders. The feed ramp on mine was a steeper angle. We figured that was causing the issue. I went to the range a few more times. We noticed we had less issues with jacketed ammo, but still getting a Jam on evcery 5th shot and losing ammo to what looks like Mouse bites isn't really how I like to spend my paid range time. I finally contacted Ruger, and they let me send it back. They sent me a new one. I did notice the feed ramp still seemed shallow, but I figured I would give it a shot.

In preparation for going to the range this morning I preloaded my magazine last night. Problems began right away. WHen trying to load it , 3 rounds in, it would get stuck. It was a new type of ammo, and I was trying to stay positive, so I went to a different brand. Same issue. I flipped around the magazine, and the other side loaded perfectly. I took the sucker apart.

Once I had it open I found what was happening, one of the screws holding it together was long enough,it was hanging up the follower. I compared it to the screw on the other side and it was about an eighth of an inch longer. Part of me wanted to give up right there and just call Ruger Monday, but I said "I can fix this". I ground the screw down to the proper length and things seemed to be OK.

Fast forward to this morning (like you want me to do with the end of this post. [rofl]) I'm at the range and once again... not feeding, and taking chunks out of the bullet of the cartridge. Only getting 3-5 shots between misfeeds.

Does anyone else have this issue? Or know someone who does? All the reviews I look at, it seems no one else has these feeding issues with the BX25x2. I'm gonna call Ruger monday and see if I can pay the difference and just get 2 25 rounders. Hopefully they don't give me an issue for having 'fixed' the screw, or that this is the second I've had an issue with.

A friend of mine had 2 of the regular 25 round mags and one would do exactly as your describing. Not sure if he ever figured out the issue or not. Did you try the BX magazine in your friend's 10/22?

I have had issues with my regular BX25 magazine, it is very inconsistant. I have had it apart several times to claen and lube. It seems to help a little but it never is perfect.

I just pick up a 10/22 at 4 Season for a 2 twenty Great deal I think. Took it to the range yesterday. had some fun with my 2 boys I can see what you mean though 10 rds is a pain in the arse my.To bad we can only buy 10 round mag in this Libtard State

Last edited:
I've had the same issue. Usually the cheaper ammo will cause this. As well as dirty feed lips may also cause this. (Damm that sounds dirty!) A lil bit of sandpaper to the lips cleaned them up well. And I've pretty much stuck to using the M22 stuff for the 25's.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom