Buying handgun from another state when the seller won't ship...

Indirect would be a manufactured method to get something to MA, and I'm not thinking of anything illegal. Example: I was at Cabela's in Maine and I wanted to buy an SKS that they had. They would not sell it to me because I was from MA. I asked them to transfer it to a NH FFL who could then transfer it to me; legal and indirect. Cabela's refused to send it to NH because they now knew what I was going to do and "Cabela's doesn't want that rifle in MA."

a distinction without a difference

You clearly did not understand what I said so I'll put it more another way. Say you like a N.H. dealer and decided to buy most of your pistols from him. You would buy the pistol in N.H. The dealer would then drive it to a Massachusetts FFL dealer. The Mass. dealer would charge you a small transfer fee and you would then be responsible for the Mass. tax. Sadly most young shooter have gotten so used to all the AG's Bulls*** that they just can't understand how different it was in the 80's and 90's.

Oh I got it. I couldn't understand why the MA dealer would be in cahoots is all. Lose a $800 sale (with maybe a $100 profit???) for a $20 transfer fee? My theory is that you got a better deal (i.e.: sales tax) from the NH dealer. Otherwise, there wasn't much of a point pre-98 of doing this at all. Unless this is a Coke People vs. Pepsi People sorta preference.

(And you can spill it if the tax avoidance was the reason pre-98. I'm sure the statute of limitations is up by now. LOL)

Calm down Sparky.

Maybe you should write your msg in bold. Oh? Never mind . . .

[rofl]

The 5" GP100 is a distributor special made for either Davidson's or Lipseys. The 4" and 6" versions are on the list.

That's insane.

And another reason why bbl length, grip design, color, etc. should NOT be listed by mfr on the EOPS list. It's up to the mfr to avoid this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom