buying frenzy

SKS Ray

NES Member
With tomorrow being election day and the future of Mass gun owners unknown, have any of you stepped up your buying lately? Stocking up on ammo, ordering that rifle you always wanted with detachable magazine, etc. All seems like a solid plan to me.

Just a note, I wasn't talking about survival or SHTF, but its always something to think about. [thinking]
I was thinking about all the stuff that we might not be able to get in the future if the wrong people get elected. Non sporting ammo, rifles with detachable magazines, pistols with 10 round mags, etc.

Thinking seriously about a CZ-52 on the C&R and a bunch of 7.62x25.

On a related note, for some reason, 2 new search agents have suddenly appeared in my Monster account -- one in PA and one in VT.

Last month I bought a Bushmaster AR-15. Last week I bought 3K rounds of .223 and 3K of 7.62X39. My current supply of gunpowder and lg. and sm. pistol primers will last me more than a few years. Never hurts to think ahead.

I had been thinking the very same thing myself earlier today... both at the state level (and God help us all), at the federal level if the Dims regain control of both chambers of Congress.

My immediate concern is what might transpire in MA should both Patrick and Coakley win (and I'm trying to be optimistic here, despite what the polls are reporting... the final vote hasn't been tabulated yet).

But, thinking ahead and adding to my shopping list...

"Large capacity feeding devices". I'm pretty well set for the apocalypse as far as M-16/AR-15 mags are concerned, but I could easily use a dozen or more of AK mags (maybe a 75 round drum or two). I'm also considering buying mags for firearms I don't even own (yet), ... some FAL and M-14/M-1A mags come to mind.

Stripped receivers and parts kits. In particular AK and FAL parts kits. The supply of both is already limited.

C&R firearms... there's at least a half dozen or more that I had planned on buying in the near or distant future. Might have to reassess my purchasing priorities there.

Of course it all depends on the final outcome of the election, and what sort of
time frame/envelope I (we), have to beat the deadline.

It's going to really suck if gun owners have to go through this panic buying/stock piling crap again. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed until tomorrow night.

Hope for the best... expect the worst. [thinking]

1500 rounds 308, 1000 rounds 45-70 1000 Rounds 45 mag 500 375, 500 38,
500 30-30, 250 380, 500 32,

Just making sure I do not run short.....[smile]

I sold all my weapons in anticipation of a total ban.I don't want to be in violation of any laws.

No joke here. I was wondering if I should buy as much stuff as I can afford or sell it all before it becomes illegal. Can they take our firearms away from us? Now I'm confused.

Chris

You guys sound like the people that were listening to War of the Worlds on the radio over 50 years ago. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I was at a Deval Patrick rally over the weekend and he said he is in favor of banning all military caliber ammunition sales in MA.9MM,.45, 30.06,.308,5.56 etc...

He pretty much wants to keep the hunters happy,and I agree with most of everything he stands for.

Last edited:
I was at a Deval Patrick rally over the weekend and he said he is in favor of banning all military caliber ammunition sales in MA.9MM,.45, 30.06,.308,5.56 etc...

A quote directly from his website:
"LIMIT STRAW PURCHASERS We must limit gun purchases in Massachusetts to
one firearm per month. Currently, criminals can too easily buy large quantities
of weapons and resell them on our streets."

It just shows how totally clueless he is.

He pretty much wants to keep the hunters happy,and I agree with most of everything he stands for.

What were the gun laws like 50 years ago? [wink]

I guess what I was saying is... it's not over yet!!!!! We can't give up.

so whats wrong with buying a shitload of it in nh and bringing it back here? or vermont? or maine?

I guess what I was saying is... it's not over yet!!!!! We can't give up.

I agree... "it's not over until it's over", but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead should our worst nightmare come to fruition. As much as I'm hoping for the best outcome... there's too much shit going on right now that even with a Healy/Frisoli win the best we can expect is minimal gains (when compared to the rest of the free world), and keeping our heads above water with regard to current or pending anti-gun legislation.

If anything else... it makes for a good excuse to "stock-up" or make an otherwise unplanned firearms purchase. [smile]

ChristosX,
If Deval is as ridiculous as people think he's going to be, I can imagine a required $250K per gun insurance policy going into place, followed shortly thereafter by confiscations if you can't/won't pay the policy.
I can't believe he's going to be that bad...but I don't know much about the guy except that everyone I distrust seems to think he's the messiah.

If deval gets in, remember that it'll be a bit before he settles in and starts
making dumbass new laws. So figure we have till spring or so? [rolleyes]

Practically speaking, the whole "gun a month" thing is definitely on their
plate. Some fu*kwit will go "Why does anyone need more than one
gun a month?" and then all the other fu*kwits in the legislature will
agree, and it'll get passed with little resistance, save for GOAL causing
a stink about it.

I dunno about that "insurance policy" threat, given that not even the states
with the worst gun laws in the nation (NJ and CA) don't have it
yet. Of course Dingbat Deval and friends could always try to be a
"trendsetting" fu*kstick in that regard. If that ever does come to pass
here, I'm definitely done with this place- the cellophane will be wrapped
and it will be given the award of permanent shit sandwitch state.

And further, remember that they can only "take your guns away" if you let them.
You can choose to either outwit them (by moving your stash out of
state) or by the "sword". The former option is obviously far less costly, of
course. And it's arguably 110% legal. The latter option is if you've always
wanted to have that 5 minutes of fame. (Or maybe its 15 seconds,
depending on how many JBTs they dispatch to your residence).

-Mike

I dont think it will be that bad, but thats not stopping me from moving a few purchases up the chain. I'd rather have them before the legal BS starts, than have to resort to some crazy licensing scheme to obtain them.

My short list by next spring if finances allow are a few ARs, AKs (parts), a few shotguns and a bunch of Glocks. And I hate Glocks, but with pre-ban mags they will suit me just fine.

But I'm thinking we are leaving this state in the next 5 years or so, so this may not matter at all for me in the long run.

Isn't that why they have us register them ? [thinking]

I'll store mine out of state if I have to.

Same here, Twiggy. If the iron curtain comes down, I may get caught behind it, but no guns of mine will go to a smelter!

And when my guns leave the state, I'm gonna be IMMIDIATLY start planning a run for the Mason/Dixon line.

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom