• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

buying frenzy

I read about the 1 gun a month thing but is Devil really going to ban military calibers? I have a hungry M1903 that will need a large supply of backup rations and the desire to aquire a starving AR-15... unfortunetly funds are tight and I need to purchuse other expensive things as well. Although maybe I should make the purchases before the girlfriend becomes the fiance... Although she has no objections to moving to VT, so I could just wait a few years until I can afford to buy us passage to the free world.

I am still waiting for my Class A to come thru. Hopefully it does - once that happens my short list includes a couple of Glocks, an AR of some sort, and maybe a nice Springfield or Fulton Armory M1A. A nice semi-auto shotgun might make the list too. Finances are tight right now though. Hopefully the Devil won't get in, and if he does hopefully any new clampdown will take him a while. I need the time to stock up.

I figure old milsurp bolt action rifles like Mauser's and Swiss K31's and Garands can be put on the bottom of the list because they will likely slip under the wire if any "assault-weapons" ban is re-instituted.

The ammunition ban scares me though - they are unlikely to be stupid enough to let you just go over the border into NH and purchase this stuff. They would likely make it some sort of outright ban on possesion.

The ammunition ban scares me though - they are unlikely to be stupid enough to let you just go over the border into NH and purchase this stuff. They would likely make it some sort of outright ban on possesion.

are they gonna impose some sort of road block you need to check through to make sure youre not buying ammo? if thats the case on my drive to nh i might as well stay there

im seriously considering moving in with my cousin up north depending on how bad things get around here...freedom...what a wonderful thought

In the late 1700 (~ 1776) did we flee to the French collonies to the north when the British became too oppressive, No we didn't. So why should we flee to the USA States to the north?

edit: I'm in no way implying we should actually use the 2nd ammendment for it's indended purpose.

Last edited:
And when my guns leave the state, I'm gonna be IMMIDIATLY start planning a run for the Mason/Dixon line.

-Weer'd Beard

Y'all will have to catch up to me!!! I'll be in Schweet Dixie for the week of Thanksgiving, doing some house shopping/job interviews. [smile] I've got the gunrack for the pickup truck on order, so I won't stick out as a (gasp) Yankee.

If all goes well, I'll be South before the snow comes, or before Deval ruins the state once & for all......whichever comes first.

I was just kidding about the ammo ban guys.Damn,I forgot only about 3 people here know my sense of humor. Those 3 people would also realize that if I did attend a Deval rally, you would be watching me on CNN as the primary suspect in a police standoff.

Y'all will have to catch up to me!!! I'll be in Schweet Dixie for the week of Thanksgiving, doing some house shopping/job interviews. [smile] I've got the gunrack for the pickup truck on order, so I won't stick out as a (gasp) Yankee.

If all goes well, I'll be South before the snow comes, or before Deval ruins the state once & for all......whichever comes first.

I'll be on my way to Florida with a huge smile on my face and my truck hauling a U-Haul. When I cross the the stateline into VA or something I will kiss the ground. Sadly, I think a local conversation would look like this:

Frank: Hey Bob, why is that man kissing the ground?
Bob: Oh, he's from Massachusetts.
Frank: Oh, gun owner then.
Bob: Or taxpayer, kind of hard to tell now adays.

Guys it isn't the end of the world as we know it. calm down. you sound like a bunch of democrats for christ sakes. (post election 00 and 04) we will just have to keep fighting.

Out of curiousity.... Why Alabama? Don't get me wrong, I like AL. I go to Huntsville on business frequently and have friends down there.

A guy I know has purchased quite a few firearms in the past 30 days, six since the election alone. He is aware that there is no legal limit on the number of firearms one buys, but will this set off any flags to big brother?

A guy I know has purchased quite a few firearms in the past 30 days, six since the election alone. He is aware that there is no legal limit on the number of firearms one buys, but will this set off any flags to big brother?

If you buy/transfer more than one handgun in any 10 day period from the
same dealer, the dealer has to send an MHP form ("Multiple Handgun Purchase")
form to the BATFE. Most people never get contacted about their purchases,
though, but I would suspect that if you did something suspicious, eg, you
bought a dozen Jennings or Lorcin pistols at once, that the BATFE would want
to have some dialogue with you. Even if your intentions were not nefarious,
they'd want to meet you for the sake of saying they met the nutjob who liked
to collect Jennings and Lorcin products. [grin]

Note, this is only on the fed side. And it only applies for handguns. There
is no special form involved for any # of long guns or shotguns.

As far as MA goes, the state doesn't (appear) to care. The state
seems to be more interested in putting dealers out of business whenever
possible.

-Mike

As far as MA goes, the state doesn't (appear) to care. The state
seems to be more interested in putting dealers out of business whenever
possible.

-Mike

In that vein, does anyone use their PIN #s, I've been told that the dealers and state are not really set up for them yet. Seems like the biggest waste to me.

In that vein, does anyone use their PIN #s, I've been told that the dealers and state are not really set up for them yet. Seems like the biggest waste to me.

You only need to use the PIN if the fingerprint thing fails, from what I
remember. I thought that was it's only purpose. Obviously, any stores
that don't have MIRCS terminals, you won't be using it.

And further, anyone with an "old style" license doesn't even have a PIN or an
"electronic" fingerprint. EG, if I buy a gun at FS, I don't have to
put my finger on the pad thing. I'll only ever have to do that if I stay
in this hellhole long enough for my license to expire.

-Mike

My fingerprint does not work. I was told that I have a "wave" type print rather than a "bullseye" for the red dot to recognize the pattern. I've used my PIN on every purchase since my last renewal.

My fingerprint does not work. I was told that I have a "wave" type print rather than a "bullseye" for the red dot to recognize the pattern. I've used my PIN on every purchase since my last renewal.

Interesting - did they mention the classification? Loop (radial or ulnar?), arch, double loop (coolest looking of the bunch), whorl or accidental? Is there one of these classifications that doesn't register?

Interesting - did they mention the classification? Loop (radial or ulnar?), arch, double loop (coolest looking of the bunch), whorl or accidental? Is there one of these classifications that doesn't register?

Not sure on the technical term, but I think the picture looks like the lines on a topo map showing the side of a narrow but steep hill. I guess I'm stuck with the PIN until retina scan comes along...

Back
Top Bottom