• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying a Post Healy Rifle FTF from a LEO

But she also said her edict doesn’t apply to pre 7/20 rifles.

No, she said her edict doesn't apply to pre-94 ban rifles. She said all of us with post-94 but pre-7/20 rifles are criminals and she's just choosing not to come after us "at this time."

I watched her press conference. She was very clear about the point that she considered them illegal no matter what modifications were made to comply with the law.

I think doing an eFA10 is admitting you brought the gun into MA.

The stated goal is to ensure the transfer was lawful. The actual goal is to create a defacto "gun registry". We talk about the fact that the fa10 isn't required until the firearm is brought into MA but where is it written that you cannot register a firearm that you, as a MA citizen, purchased from another MA citizen, where the transfer took place outside of MA.

There is no admission or statement of the firearm's location.

Dont buy it. Get gouged on a pre 7/20 AR in state or build one from an 80%? I firmly believe Squealey and her minions are waiting patiently to make an example of someone. "Seee these laws work grreeaaaat!" Meet MA newest felon!

Dont buy it. Get gouged on a pre 7/20 AR in state or build one from an 80%? I firmly believe Squealey and her minions are waiting patiently to make an example of someone. "Seee these laws work grreeaaaat!" Meet MA newest felon!

Trying to criminally prosecute someone under a consumer protection regulation that's not even law is not going to go well for her, even in MA's marsupial courts. Just make sure you have a competent attorney and her whole ball of yarn unravels.

If it's a post 1994 rifle and has the evil features banned in the AWB - than NO. You're not allowed to possess. Period. Now if it was a post 94 compliant rifle (absent the banned evil features) then it depends on how you feel about Healey's edict.

Again - if it's a post 94 rifle with banned evil features - then possession is banned. Period, end of story.... Be careful because the AWB has law enforcement exceptions. So he's allowed to have stuff we plebs can't.

I'm sure he has some sweet p-mags too. That doesn't mean it's legal for you to possess them if he sells them to you. Again - post 1994 they're banned for possession by the plebs.

Not clear what is meant by "Compliance." Sounds like you are conflating the pistol list with the AWB compliance changes commonly made to semi-auto rifles.
These are separate things. The pistol list and "compliance" applies to dealers and you can buy "non MA-compliant firearms" (read "off-list pistols") from a LTC holder private party that hasn't done more than four this year (keeping in mind the mag capacity considerations, which are technically separate). Being a LEO gives it no special blessing, other than it's arguably easier for them to acquire those items.

As for rifles, depending on the circumstances, in my opinion/risk assessment, as a non-lawyer:

1.) Manufactured/Acquired/FA-10'd pre 7/20, meets the "old AWB" compliance standards - Sure.
2.) Manufactured/Acquired/FA-10'd post 7/20 (and assuming seller is original owner), meets the "old AWB" compliance standards - I wouldn't, but I bet a lot of people would.
3.) Manufactured/Acquired/FA-10'd post 7/20, does not meet the "old AWB" compliance standards - I'd rather not go to prison.
4.) Manufactured/Acquired/FA-10'd pre 9/1994 (pre Federal AWB), has all the good stuff (evil features) - Sure.

winner winner chicken dinner.

The object is to offer herr Healy low hanging fruit. Only for her to find that absolutely no crime at all had been committed, only an unnecessary fa10.

No, she said her edict doesn't apply to pre-94 ban rifles. She said all of us with post-94 but pre-7/20 rifles are criminals and she's just choosing not to come after us "at this time."

I watched her press conference. She was very clear about the point that she considered them illegal no matter what modifications were made to comply with the law.

Trying to criminally prosecute someone under a consumer protection regulation that's not even law is not going to go well for her, even in MA's marsupial courts. Just make sure you have a competent attorney and her whole ball of yarn unravels.

NOBODY will be prosecuted for her "edict". To prosecute someone the charge has to cite a MGL not a memo or a press conference. She can't do that and DAs aren't going to carry that water for her and look a fool in front of a judge. That's why she said she wouldn't prosecute anyone (the "at this time" thing was to scare the sheep into hiding what they legally own).

I've been told that her office is reviewing all dealer transactions (FA-10s by dealers) daily looking for violations. Although I haven't asked, I'm certain that nobody at the AG's office is reviewing FTF eFA-10s regularly, as she isn't about to prosecute anyone for her imaginary "law".

Lots of sheep are running scared as can be seen by reading many of these similar threads, and she has met her goal and won the war.

The stated goal is to ensure the transfer was lawful. The actual goal is to create a defacto "gun registry". We talk about the fact that the fa10 isn't required until the firearm is brought into MA but where is it written that you cannot register a firearm that you, as a MA citizen, purchased from another MA citizen, where the transfer took place outside of MA.

There is no admission or statement of the firearm's location.

I don't know, if it's a gray area it's not the best way to thumb your nose at the state. Better way is to just not register stuff.

I've been told that her office is reviewing all dealer transactions (FA-10s by dealers) daily looking for violations. Although I haven't asked, I'm certain that nobody at the AG's office is reviewing FTF eFA-10s regularly, as she isn't about to prosecute anyone for her imaginary "law".

But I can totally see her sending nasty letters to any FFL violating her edict. Mass AGs realize they can't go after gun owners so they go after FFLs.

She clearly says her edict doesn't apply to pre-7/20. You could read into it and say it does, but since her entire edict is unlawful, contradictory mumbo-jumbo, there's no point in that.

The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.

I don't know, if it's a gray area it's not the best way to thumb your nose at the state. Better way is to just not register stuff.

As an individual, you're absolutely correct. Keep your head down, don't be noticed and chances are excellent that you'll die of old age, never having had to face a judge concerning your guns.

Collectively, we need someone (other than me) to take one for the team, BE noticed, ENCOURAGE being prosecuted and BEAT that b***h on her own turf.

We all hypothesize on this site what is just/constitutional or what will stand up before a judge but seriously - if you are arrested your life will never be the same. Even if somehow Comm2A or the like pay for everything you will lose years of shooting and your free time dealing with criminal litigation. It doesn't matter if you prevail in court you have lost a great deal just having to be there.

We all hypothesize on this site what is just/constitutional or what will stand up before a judge but seriously - if you are arrested your life will never be the same. Even if somehow Comm2A or the like pay for everything you will lose years of shooting and your free time dealing with criminal litigation. It doesn't matter if you prevail in court you have lost a great deal just having to be there.

That's exactly why I stipulated that someone "other than me" should do this...

I agree. And this is the power of government.

I agree. And this is the power of government.

It's gotten so bad you don't need to even go to court, just having an opinion the government doesn't like will bring down their wrath. If you're conservative, have an audience and speak out against government excesses, the IRS will be up your ass every year. The government agencies have become tools of the left wing to oppress anyone who doesn't agree with them.

As an individual, you're absolutely correct. Keep your head down, don't be noticed and chances are excellent that you'll die of old age, never having had to face a judge concerning your guns.

Collectively, we need someone (other than me) to take one for the team, BE noticed, ENCOURAGE being prosecuted and BEAT that b***h on her own turf.

I've already been in court where guns were a peripheral issue. My permit was rescinded after the accident and before the warrant was written, and before I was arrested. I wasn't convicted. My permit was not returned. I lost my appeal and lost my second appeal to the firearms commission. Eight years later CT issued me a permit on a fresh application. Which might explain why I'm seriously risk-adverse these days when it comes to anything that might jeopardize my permit(s).

Someone should buy it. Most likely nothing would happen, but if Maura did come after you I’m sure Comm2A would love the opportunity to defend you.

An identical offer and transaction was encountered and successfully engaged between a NESer and a LEO-type over a year ago. Money changed hands, the eFA-10 was filled-out, and nothing 'bad' happened.

The names have been changed to protect privacy of the parties involved, but....everything went smooth with the transaction. Again, this was 13 months ago for an AR-type rifle and two 'standard-cap' magazines.

That's exactly why I stipulated that someone "other than me" should do this...

So we would need someone who has lots of money, enough to fund the lawyers as well as be able to handle lack of employment that may result from this. Never had even a warning on a speeding ticket. Has a face that looks good to a jury. And the violation would somehow have to be limited to just this one issue with a pre-720 rifle being brought to the attention of the "authorities" without committing any other crime in the process.

Even with all this, if they decided to prosecute, they would probably invent dozens of add on charges (arrested for resisting arrest, disturbing peace, conspiracy, maybe some scary language about infernal devices, and how about some bomb making materials under the kitchen sink) to bring the potential jail time to 80 years to get him to plea bargain.

So we find person with an absolutely clean background, maybe a pretty girl fresh out of a college in Utah, import her into a brand new, sanitized apartment "staged" with only mundane items. We wire the apartment with cams and audio streaming offsite. She gets the appropriate LTC, conducts the transaction and we wait. After nothing happens we begin a publicity campaign showcasing that this person did exactly what the b***h said not to and nothing has happened. (Except we don't mention the rifle never came INTO the state)

If nothing continues to happen we continue to broadcast the info to all via any media, social media and even print ads. Eventualy, either the raid occurs or it becomes obvious that nothing will happen and we can all go back to being normal.

THEN, a bunch of us that were illegally barred from making similar purchases during the "dark" years sue the b***h. Like ALL gun owners in the state, individually files a lawsuit. Let her fight 100,000+ lawsuits...

So we find person with an absolutely clean background, maybe a pretty girl fresh out of a college in Utah, import her into a brand new, sanitized apartment "staged" with only mundane items. We wire the apartment with cams and audio streaming offsite. She gets the appropriate LTC, conducts the transaction and we wait. After nothing happens we begin a publicity campaign showcasing that this person did exactly what the b***h said not to and nothing has happened. (Except we don't mention the rifle never came INTO the state)

If nothing continues to happen we continue to broadcast the info to all via any media, social media and even print ads. Eventualy, either the raid occurs or it becomes obvious that nothing will happen and we can all go back to being normal.

THEN, a bunch of us that were illegally barred from making similar purchases during the "dark" years sue the b***h. Like ALL gun owners in the state, individually files a lawsuit. Let her fight 100,000+ lawsuits...

The publicity campaign should be from a fake anti group. Otherwise, they will recognize it as trolling. We need to get the moms who demand stuff all riled up over it. And, it won't be pretty... Just picture all the Lane Bryant customers in one place, and angry about guns and patriarchy etc.

We need a name for our fake group, and some clever unique feature about it. Pussy hats is already taken, but something along that line of thinking.

The publicity campaign should be from a fake anti group. Otherwise, they will recognize it as trolling. We need to get the moms who demand stuff all riled up over it. And, it won't be pretty... Just picture all the Lane Bryant customers in one place, and angry about guns and patriarchy etc.

We need a name for our fake group, and some clever unique feature about it. Pussy hats is already taken, but something along that line of thinking.

The dick heads? [laugh]

(Because most of us are)

So we would need someone who has lots of money, enough to fund the lawyers as well as be able to handle lack of employment that may result from this. Never had even a warning on a speeding ticket. Has a face that looks good to a jury. And the violation would somehow have to be limited to just this one issue with a pre-720 rifle being brought to the attention of the "authorities" without committing any other crime in the process.

I can save you the trouble right now. The AGs office will completely ignore it. I've seen this movie before and this maneuver is already "known" in the cabal's playbook. If such a book existed, this is covered in the first 10 pages somewhere. The AGs office has some spy/lackey at EOPS watching FA-10s. Every day in MA some guy or guys are submitting FA-10s for NEW ARs or AKs they just built, or shit they're transferring. It's quite literally impossible at this point for the AGs shitheads to have not seen one of these transfers. They don't care, unless its associated with a dealer that they can push real leverage against. They only want people they can easily roll and coerce into complying into signing a consent decree enema or something like that. This is mass, it's not like one of the local moonbat-operated MSM outlets is going to write up an expose on the AGs office. (and she knows that, too. )

monks.jpg

If detected, the "Cabal" will make a couple phone calls to shitbergs people and that will be the end of that problem.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom