• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying a Post Healy Rifle FTF from a LEO

LEO's are also exempt from negligent discharges, leaving their firearms in public sh*t restrooms, and shooting someone when like the off-duty cop in Worcester did last week when someone was on his property. [laugh]

Leaving machine guns on top of squad cars and driving away is also ok. Civilians are allowed to leave Burger King soda cups on their roofs, but not machine guns.

Wasn't there a situation a year or two ago where a LEO's gun "accidentally" fell into his trash or recycling bin from his safe? I don't believe anything ever came of it, but since it was merely an accident any of us could make with no ramifications, it was an interesting story.

I offer no advice and insight on the OP’s question. However it is painfully ironic that this BS confuscious circle jerk we have to do here in MA to figure out if we are criminals are not and then turning around and saying screw it not worth the risk is exactly what POS like the AG was looking to accomplish.

Gotta love MA.

Eh, not everyone is a spy for the other side and even if he/she is how would giving the proper process be a bad thing. Show's we follow the laws just like everyone else.

Thanks Rock, just read your post about new member questions. Spot on.

Last edited:
Actually . . .
- Healey's pronouncement on 7/19/2016 was that EVERY AR/AK/etc. obtained after the 1998 MA Gun Control Act (which incorporated the Federal Ban-1994-2004) was a felony! [Even though it was compliant with Fed Law and BATFE issued Tech Branch rulings to that effect.]
- So unless it is either pre-Fed Ban (9/13/1994) or pre-1998 (MA Gun Control Act), according to her possession is a felony but she's not going after individuals.
- The 7/20 date everyone throws around is merely when it was no longer "legal" (per AG edict) for MA Dealers to transfer or exhibit any AR/AK she claimed was illegal.

So each person has to figure out for themselves if it is something to worry about or not!

I offer no advice and insight on the OP’s question. However it is painfully ironic that this BS confuscious circle jerk we have to do here in MA to figure out if we are criminals are not and then turning around and saying screw it not worth the risk is exactly what POS like the AG was looking to accomplish.

Gotta love MA.

Well yeah. I just made the decision not to shoot in Massachusetts this summer because it's just not worth the risk. And that mildly sucks.

I'm also driving around NJ and around NY again to travel from GA to CT because it's just not worth the risk. Which pisses me off but the the prospect of spending a weekend in jail and $X on attorney costs, impound fees, and getting my cat back from wherever the hell they took him - makes it a no-brainer decision.

All that because I'm legally transporting firearms and ammo. (He had a FREAKING ARSENAL)

So, I love MA in the same way I love MD, DC, NY and NJ - as in not at all.

Well yeah. I just made the decision not to shoot in Massachusetts this summer because it's just not worth the risk. And that mildly sucks.

I'm also driving around NJ and around NY again to travel from GA to CT because it's just not worth the risk. Which pisses me off but the the prospect of spending a weekend in jail and $X on attorney costs, impound fees, and getting my cat back from wherever the hell they took him - makes it a no-brainer decision.

All that because I'm legally transporting firearms and ammo. (He had a FREAKING ARSENAL)

So, I love MA in the same way I love MD, DC, NY and NJ - as in not at all.

How exactly do you drive around NY? There's literally no way into the rest of New England without going through NY.

How exactly do you drive around NY? There's literally no way into the rest of New England without going through NY.

You are absolutely correct and TomMontana is correct; I spoke less than literally. I'll go inland and go around NJ and around NYC, up through PA and cross NY state into CT. It's NYC itself and all of NJ on I95 that worries me. And again - the risk is low - but the cost is high.

And of course it's all BS anyway, my firearms are legal here, and legal to posses at my destination - which means that I should be able to transport them without worrying about it.

You are absolutely correct and TomMontana is correct; I spoke less than literally. I'll go inland and go around NJ and around NYC, up through PA and cross NY state into CT. It's NYC itself and all of NJ on I95 that worries me. And again - the risk is low - but the cost is high.

And of course it's all BS anyway, my firearms are legal here, and legal to posses at my destination - which means that I should be able to transport them without worrying about it.
Should being the operative word

If Bitch McConnell would get off his a$$ and pass CC Reciprocity, you wouldn't have to worry, right!?

LEO's are also exempt from negligent discharges, leaving their firearms in public sh*t restrooms, and shooting someone when like the off-duty cop in Worcester did last week when someone was on his property. [laugh]
You left out putting firearms out at the curb in recycling buckets...

Thanks, yeah I fumbled w/ the description. It's Post 7/20/16 but only one evil feature. In any event, I'm going to pass on it.

Wise choice on LEO post 7/20. Maybe the LEO can call the AGO office and complain he can't sell his copycat.

Now if it was a pre-7/20 before the "fake" law, how is FRB or AGO to know it's not a post-7/20 and the darn thing gets flagged by one of the spy interns OMG an Ass-Salt weapon?

Ehf-aye-10 needs to list "PREBAN 7/20" or "PRE-HEALEY BAN" in the description to keep the interns from crying foul and hit the red flag button?

Then keep the receipt close as backup in case you get a knock-knock on the front door.

Actually . . .
- Healey's pronouncement on 7/19/2016 was that EVERY AR/AK/etc. obtained after the 1998 MA Gun Control Act (which incorporated the Federal Ban-1994-2004) was a felony! [Even though it was compliant with Fed Law and BATFE issued Tech Branch rulings to that effect.]
- So unless it is either pre-Fed Ban (9/13/1994) or pre-1998 (MA Gun Control Act), according to her possession is a felony but she's not going after individuals.
- The 7/20 date everyone throws around is merely when it was no longer "legal" (per AG edict) for MA Dealers to transfer or exhibit any AR/AK she claimed was illegal.

So each person has to figure out for themselves if it is something to worry about or not!

Gold right here!
The AG stated they have been illegal all along since '94 but she won't prosecute individuals, so what difference does it make if you obtain it after 7/20/16? Pre Healey/post Healey who gives a crap. The only thing the magic 7/20 date did was stop most dealers from selling them, but private sales are still good to go.

Buy the damned rifle. Take possession out of state. DO the FA-10 CLEARLY identifying it as one of Healey's hated post 7/20 rifles. Don't bring it into MA.

Laugh in their faces when they come to arrest you. Assuming you survive the raid, you'll have an awesome lawsuit.

Buy the damned rifle. Take possession out of state. DO the FA-10 CLEARLY identifying it as one of Healey's hated post 7/20 rifles. Don't bring it into MA.

Laugh in their faces when they come to arrest you. Assuming you survive the raid, you'll have an awesome lawsuit.
You do NOT do FA-10s on guns that never enter MA.

You really need a course on Mass gun laws!

Gold right here!
The AG stated they have been illegal all along since '94 but she won't prosecute individuals, so what difference does it make if you obtain it after 7/20/16? Pre Healey/post Healey who gives a crap. The only thing the magic 7/20 date did was stop most dealers from selling them, but private sales are still good to go.

But she also said her edict doesn’t apply to pre 7/20 rifles.

Back
Top Bottom