• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying a gun, from your year of birth?

1969?

Just found a Guns and Ammo from Nov, 1969 (month & year of birth) on Ebay. Can't wait to see what it has in it [grin]

Last edited:
You should get that Russian kit today (see how easy it is for me to spend your money). Because as a birth year gun you will have all the time in the world to get it finished. Now that you're married your time line has shortened. Before you know it you will have little kids, you will have moved out to the suburbs, you will spend time/money taking care of the house/lawn/old 3-legged dog........

Buy that kit now and take your time making it right.

There are 1988 Izhvesk plum AK74 kits, 1983 Izhevsk Laminate ak74 kits, 1986 Tula AKSU kits, and various other romanian AKM kits that you can build up in accordance to your berthdae.

as per the OP, if you find a AK74, that is pretty straight shooting for a 1974 birthday- the "74" in AK74 stands for the year in which it was designed.

The whole "birthday game" has got me on the fence about dropping $650 for a Russian kit that I've been eyeing for about 2 years. And I hate it.

There are 1988 Izhvesk plum AK74 kits
Great... right after I buy my Romy G kit that will be delivered by a big brown truck tomorrow, you just HAVE to say that. Looks like the build after this one will have to be a Izzy ak74. I like the plum on that 5.45

yeh, fred lotter has/had a nice colt sporter from my birth year, 1976....

wife would rather pay the mortgage than let me buy it though....

tried to tell her that if i had that rifle... we wouldn't have to worry about the mortgage ;)

Let's see, my brand new unissued Yugo SKS was made in 1989...
my CZ-82 was made in 1986...
everything else i have is from this century.....

How about a Colt series 70 made in 74. I have one made in 76.

ORLY?!?

Johnny-

I have clothes from 1989 (that I still wear)......

bought my first CD in '85, the back to the future soundtrack....

still have it......

Last edited:
You should get that Russian kit today (see how easy it is for me to spend your money). Because as a birth year gun you will have all the time in the world to get it finished. Now that you're married your time line has shortened. Before you know it you will have little kids, you will have moved out to the suburbs, you will spend time/money taking care of the house/lawn/old 3-legged dog........

We're you, by any chance, listening to "cats in the cradle" while you were typing that?

Funny, I can't think of a single thing that really interests me from my year of birth ( 1981 )

As a C&R guy how can you say that. Indiana Jones used both the S&W Model 1917 in .45ACP (not that hard to find) & the S&W MKII Hand Ejector in .455 Webley (much harder to find) in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

You can also find some of the last S&W magnum revolvers with pinned barrels and recessed cylinders made in 1981. They stopped the practice in 1982.

I am the proud owner of a NIB (never put together / not fired) 1970 Belgium Browning A-5 Mag 12. The barrel has never been in the receiver.
The damn shotguns perfect, the box has some wear. It date codes out to three months before my birth.
When I'm 50 it will be 50 and that's kind of cool. It is the only gun I own that's not been shot and I may never shoot the thing.
smitty

Last edited:
this is what they look like....

IMG_1098.jpg

I think you might be right. The wife is wanting some $850 shoes.... I might just have to suck it up and get her in her happy place so I can stash this away for the years to come.

Back
Top Bottom