• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying a gun, from your year of birth?

I have a sweet S&W Model 19-2 with a 2.5" barrel from my birth year (1968). I had a few different ones but I was always searching for something better, until I found this baby with its original box.

I'm sure that I have at least a couple of 1974 S&W's in .38 or .357 if you want me to check.

I have a sweet S&W Model 19-2 with a 2.5" barrel from my birth year (1968). I had a few different ones but I was always searching for something better, until I found this baby with its original box.

I'm sure that I have at least a couple of 1974 S&W's in .38 or .357 if you want me to check.

Can't hurt! Thanks. My preference there would be a .357, although I would love a .44mag.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing Mark was - classic Ruger or Smith & Wesson.

Was just reading a recent thread about a hex receiver Mosin, then saw this...Not my birth year, but I got ahold of a nice condition hex receiver 91/30 made the same year my grandfather was. Adds a little sentimental attachment to a rifle I'd otherwise have little for.

As for what I'd get from the year I was born? Dunno what was made back then, really, but it'd be more a form thing than a function thing.

I have a friend who's got an engraved Ithaca bottom-eject pump gun from around then that's pretty nice, and I've always kind of liked them, but Ithaca was in the middle of bankruptcy proceedings in '82, and I don't know if any were made. Maybe a Hi Power or a Dan Wesson .44 mag with nice wood/burl.

Last edited:
Get yourself an old GUNS&AMMO magazine from 1974, then buy what ever was new for that year.

samandglove1 said:
Johnny-

I have clothes from 1989 (that I still wear)......

LOL, need some S&W born in early 70's. Got any recommendation? I know you got the bible for S&W.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Many years ago I came across a nice S&W M&P (the old revolver line, not the new POS semi-autos) that Roy Jinks verified as being shipped the year AND month I was born (Sep 49). It's a keeper for me. RB with a 2" barrel.

Back
Top Bottom