• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying a glock from here

So I understand the laws about buying a glock from a dealer

I am supposed to purchase a g 26 today but after reading more into it. How can we or I tell if it is mass complaint. I know dealers can't sell what's not on the eops list I don't want to end up as part of a sting or something and lose my ltc. Because I made a stupid mistake the laws don't say much about buying one from a private seller any thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming you are buying it from a Ma. LTC holder, face to face, you can buy the Glock - no problem.
You can even buy it from a dealer, if they are willing to sell it to you.

Enjoy your new 26.

No such thing as a sting for buying a glock, you can legally buy any glock a dealer is willing to sell to you. And you can buy any glock from a private seller as well.

The laws only apply to dealers, handgun mass compliance does not apply to private sales. You can't get yourself in trouble unless it comes with post ban standard (high) capacity mags. Too busy to find the cite at the moment...

This is a face-to-face transaction with both parties having a valid mass LTC

1) Buy with confidence from FTF.

2) FFL is responsible for what they sell or transfer.

3) FFL is awesome for selling or transferring anything Gen3 or Gen4.

4) Hopefully, you know well enough to NOT post #3 to ANY public forum.

Do I have to be concerned where the seller got it from ?

None of your business. I'm not sure what you're getting at here. What matters is that what you're doing is perfectly legal (as long as you're both licensed and an FA-10 is completed accurately and timely).

If the seller were to tell you they committed a crime, then maybe we'd have something to discuss, but otherwise no, the origin of how the weapon got be in your hands is not related to the private sale you're conducting. Unless the seller gives you reason for pause, do not assume that anything inappropriate has happened.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the input I'm just trying to cover all the bases I actually have never purchased one face to face I have always done. Via a store so that was my cause for concern

Thanks for all the comments

For those that don't pay a lot of attention to the numerous threads about gun laws, we have forum for that purpose and it is further broken down into the various states. Looking at the threads there, folks should peruse the titles of the various Stickies . . . they are there for a reason.

So reading the following thread should have put the OP and others who are not knowledgeable of MA gun law at ease wrt fear of having their door kicked in at zero-thirty hours for having purchased a Glock/XD/etc.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/37553-MA-Handgun-Compliance-Q-A-Thread-(new)

Back
Top Bottom