Bushmaster ACR release date now official

Standard model has a fixed stock and no lug, so all you'd have to do is remove the existing hider and pin some brake in place . I'd be all over it.

It will be available with 3 stocks (PRS, folding & fixed) and it doesn't have a built-in bayonet lug. If you use the fixed or PRS stock and get a compensator pinned then it will comply with the AWB.

I don't see what 's wrong with a polymer lower - The lower bears almost no stress and polymer guns have been proven over and over again.

I don't see what 's wrong with a polymer lower - The lower bears almost no stress and polymer guns have been proven over and over again.

I prefer my rifles to have as little plastic on them as possible.

And the fact that they DO make metal lowers for the military and not the civilian market is a bit of a slap in the face.

I prefer my rifles to have as little plastic on them as possible.

And the fact that they DO make metal lowers for the military and not the civilian market is a bit of a slap in the face.

I agree. Also, the fact that the military version has a metal lower implies they're better, or at least the military thinks so.

Buying a gun is not an inconsequential expense for me. Therefore, it's a bit more than just a tool and I'd like it to feel good and have a certain aesthetic quality.

I don't see the big problem here ... would anyone here be worried about the polymer lower if the military version was also polymer? There are plenty of military guns that have a polymer lower receiver .... HK is the most obvious example.

I don't see the big problem here ... would anyone here be worried about the polymer lower if the military version was also polymer? There are plenty of military guns that have a polymer lower receiver .... HK is the most obvious example.

Yes. I wouldn't buy an HK rifle either, but that's just me.

I can see a polymer lower on a pistol, but not a rifle.

MSRP is supposed to be in the $1400-1500 range, so street price should be a bit lower... We'll see, though. I predict heavy demand when it's released.

Wow. I don't know where I read the lower figure... We'll see what it comes out at though.

I still want one, will just have to wait a wee bit longer.

From BM...

The Bushmaster ACR for the commercial market is available in the Basic and Enhanced configurations. The additional features for the Enhanced version include an AAC® Blackout™ NSM Flash Hider for exceptional reduction of muzzle flash; multi-functional, three-sided aluminum hand guard with integral MIL-STD 1913 accessory rail; and folding, six-position telescoping composite stock with rubber butt pad, sling attachment mounts and 2-point push button sling. Each configuration of the commercial ACR is offered in a non-reflective, black finish or Coyote Brown (30118). Suggested retail price: Basic $2,685 and Enhanced $3,061.

Mark, wait.

Are you telling me you don't want to spend $2.5K on some new plastic rifle?

ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Have you seen this thing in Call of Duty?!

Coincidentally, I just unlocked it last night in COD MW2 PS3 (local PS3 profile, not my PC profile yet). That thing is pretty much the win button.

Back
Top Bottom