Bushmaster ACR release date now official

That's a lot of money..Should be about $1200,at the most..I guess they have to recoup the R&D costs somehow.

I would get a Noveske built rifle for that kind of money.

I just got back from a gun show in PA.

They had a great gun show special for only $1,995.

Best price I have seen anywhere.

I spoke to many dealers who said they would ship to Mass if a FFL would accept it.

As far as Noveske goes. I love those rifles. I can not decide what I like better- I can not afford any now, though.

I just got back from a gun show in PA.

They had a great gun show special for only $1,995.

Best price I have seen anywhere.

I spoke to many dealers who said they would ship to Mass if a FFL would accept it.

As far as Noveske goes. I love those rifles. I can not decide what I like better- I can not afford any now, though.

Just wait,the price will go way down..

Seems the target audience for that rifle is video gamers.When Bushmaster figures out that the majority of it's target audience isn't legally able to own or afford one,the price will plummet.[smile]

Just wait,the price will go way down..

Seems the target audience for that rifle is video gamers.When Bushmaster figures out that the majority of it's target audience isn't legally able to own or afford one,the price will plummet.[smile]

Hopefully, around that time, they will create a lower that does not have a molded pistol grip and figure out a way to shave some weight off.

How does a plastic gun get so heavy?

Hopefully, around that time, they will create a lower that does not have a molded pistol grip and figure out a way to shave some weight off.

How does a plastic gun get so heavy?

Piston gas system.... and there is probably a metal chassis somewhere in all that
plastic to hold it together so if the gun gets really hot it doesn't pull a G36 and warp or start stringing shots under the heat.

As far as the pistol grip goes... who cares? if it works it works.

My main objection to the thing is it costs too much... for what should be a $1200-1500 rifle.

-Mike

I did not ask how soon the AWB version will be out. I'll try to talk to someone who knows better on Monday. The basic model is selling for $2,300 in free states. It would be good to know of dealers in Mass who would import it. All the have to do to make it legal here is add a muzzle brake.

the gun goes for $1900 in the standard configuration and $2300 enhanced

the enhanced version didnt do much for me...dont like the rails at the front which i was surprised by because all of my guns have quad rails...just didnt like the ergonomics...the standard version is more low drag

it shoots liek any other ar...very little recoil and accurate as you are...i own an xcr and its pretty similar...the beauty of the gun is that it does balance a little better in the hands than a regular ar does and you can swap barrels out in less than a minute without losing zero on your optics

Piston gas system.... and there is probably a metal chassis somewhere in all that
plastic to hold it together so if the gun gets really hot it doesn't pull a G36 and warp or start stringing shots under the heat.

As far as the pistol grip goes... who cares? if it works it works.

My main objection to the thing is it costs too much... for what should be a $1200-1500 rifle.

-Mike

The SCAR is also piston driven and weighs about a pound less. With all the Magpul crap on there you would think the ACR would be lighter.

The price isnt the only thing that got Bushmatered.

That being said, at $1200 my complaints would go away.

Just got off the phone with Bushmaster.

They said that they plan on having a Mass version out this summer.

I also inquired on the warranty and they said it is 1 year. Anything after that is on a case by case basis.

As far as a muzzle brake, I would really like one of those Surefire brakes put on.

http://www.surefire.com/MB68AR-Muzzle-BrakeAdapter

I just got to handle one of those brakes and the machining and detail are great.

I might even want one if I lived in a free state.

Just shot an ACR at Manchester Firing Line. Definitely was a fun and accurate gun especially with the Eotech they had on it. According to the guy its been one of there most popular rentals. I wish I could give you a comparison to other ARs but I really don't have enough experience with rifles to have anything insightful to share. Does anyone know if this gun is available in any Mass stores and/or the price? Up there they said they sell it for $2300, but that it would be $2700 anywhere else.

FYI - the Magpul sights were on backwards when I saw that one.

Yep i fixed that and added an eotech.

For the pictures.
IMG_7221.jpg

IMG_7227.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7220.jpg

I found out this morning while look at accessories on the bushmaster website that there is a recall on every ACR. Not pleased about this. Here is what the .pdf from their website says.

Bushmaster Firearms Intentional, LLC has become aware of a possible firearms performance issue that may develop with a small number of ACR rifles and we are requesting you discontinue the use of this rifle immediately, and contact us at your earliest convenience so that we can make the necessary arrangements to have the rifle returned to us for inspection and update if necessary.

All Bushmaster produced ACR rifles are impacted by this notification.

During routine testing, Bushmaster discovered a design flaw which could result in multiple rounds firing continuously when the trigger is pulled. This unexpected firing of multiple rounds creates a potentially dangerous situation.

Since the safety and quality of our firearms is our utmost concern, Bushmaster is implementing the following corrective action plans to correct the effected firearms as quickly as possible.

Therefore, we are requesting your timely assistance with the following action:

1) Please immediately discontinue the use of your ACR rifle(s).

2) Contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-883-6229, (Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM -6:00 PM EST).

Please have the serial # of your firearms(s) available when you call.

3) We will provide you with return shipping instructions and issue you a RMA # (Return Authorization Number).

This will assist us in processing, and updating of your firearm and returning to you as expeditiously as possible.

The shipping address for the return of your firearm is listed below

Please contact us prior to shipping

Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC

Attention: Dept. ACR 999 Roosevelt Trail
Windham, ME 04062
[email protected]

4) This process will be accomplished at no cost to you and will be completed as expeditiously as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we will return your firearm to you as expeditiously as possible.

If you have any further questions concerning this request, please call us on the above noted toll free number between the hours of 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Thank you for in advance for your cooperation in resolving this important matter.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Division
Bushmaster Firearms Intemational, LLC

Back
Top Bottom