Bushmaster ACR release date now official

You realize it takes a lot more than a barrel to change from 5.56 to 7.62, right?

You guys didn't look at the links? Here, let me help you

The first of its kind, and the only rifle you need to master the infinite number of extreme scenarios you'll face in the worlds of law enforcement and personal defense. Our new Bushmaster ACR redefines the term "modular" with the extraordinary ability to change calibers, barrel lengths and stock configurations in minutes – without the use of tools. Truly the most versatile and adaptive rifle ever conceived, it was born of a collaborative effort between Bushmaster, Magpul® and Remington® to create the ultimate military combat weapons system. We're proud to unveil the evolution you see here – built specifically for our law-enforcement and commercial markets. It's tested and proven reliable in the most brutal conditions on earth, truly ambidextrous and the uncompromising choice when you demand a rifle as mission-adaptable as you are. The Bushmaster ACR.

This supposedly released on 3/1/2010? I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere yet. Anyone know if there is going to be a .308 barrel for this thing?

My uncle is a part owner of a 'cop shop' in Columbia South Carolina. He told me he was only allowed to order 3 ACR's. The number of rifles you could order was based on your sales of other Bushmaster products. He informed me he submitted his purchase request the first week of Feb. As of this past Friday he has not received anything and his account has not been charged yet. According to him he's not expecting it to sell well. He said the basic ACR with fixed stock and no rail system is going to sell for $530 more than what he's able to sell SCAR's for and he can't keep SCAR's on the shelves.

This year the ACR will only be available in 5.56. Early next year the 6.8 bolts and barrels will be available from Bushmaster (another company might release them sooner). According the Magpul's Contract with Cerberus they will be manufacturing all the Polycarbonate parts and will be selling replacement/upgrades seperately. Magpul is making a replacement 7.62X39 lower receiver seeming the upper is the registered firearm.

You guys didn't look at the links? Here, let me help you

Your quote doesn't answer the question directly, does it?

The answer is that the ACR, as it currently stands, will be not adaptable to .308. They would have to come out with a new version with a scaled up lower receiver.

You realize it takes a lot more than a barrel to change from 5.56 to 7.62, right?

Yes, I know there are more factors than just a barrel. The ACR is supposed to be able to do 5.56 and 6.8 with the same bolt, just change the barrel. I was just wondering if .308 was going to be an option as well (needing to change other parts as well of course)

Yes, I know there are more factors than just a barrel. The ACR is supposed to be able to do 5.56 and 6.8 with the same bolt, just change the barrel. I was just wondering if .308 was going to be an option as well (needing to change other parts as well of course)

You're mistaken... You must change out the bolt and barrel to go from 5.56 to 6.8 or vise versa. You can watch the flash annimation of this on the Bushmaster ACR website.

.308 is a significantly longer cartridge that will not fit in a 5.56mm STANAG magazine well.

$2685 MSRP. cough. wow. But it does come with plastic Magpul sights... wow. [rolleyes]

Somebody posted on AR15.com that they first rifles shipped today (3-24-10).

The ACR is finally out in the market place. There are now 6 of them posted on gunbroker (all black basic models). Opening bids are right around the $2700 sticker price but so have $10,000 or more "buy it now". Same price as the SCAR at the moment and you get a whole lot more with the SCAR.

I don't get the big deal with this rifle.

Its new and untested. The most press this thing has gotten is from a friggin video game. Lets run it through a few real wars first and then pretend that the $2,700 is reasonable assuming it performs well.

What a JOKE.

I don't get the big deal with this rifle.

Its new and untested. The most press this thing has gotten is from a friggin video game. Lets run it through a few real wars first and then pretend that the $2,700 is reasonable assuming it performs well.

What a JOKE.

The most press the P90 had was from a TV series.

I'm not sure what Bushmaster was thinking when they set the price point, but they're way off by about $1500.

Why do they state "TELESCOPING?" Can someone get them to change their marketing ASAP? I don't think that the PRS is telescoping. Isn't that the rail one? Why put AWB-ban words on the website, when it is compliant?

Why do they state "TELESCOPING?" Can someone get them to change their marketing ASAP? I don't think that the PRS is telescoping. Isn't that the rail one? Why put AWB-ban words on the website, when it is compliant?

The Enhanced Configuration of the ACR has a TELESCOPING stock...

Is that what you mean by "the rail one"?

Because in like 45+ states nobody cares about an AWB. They can call it the evil baby sniping assault weapon of the century if they want. [rofl]

-Mike

I just talked to Bushmaster sales. They will have a Mass compliant (AWB version) soon. I also recently got to handle one at a shop in PA.

The Bushmaster ACR is real nice. It seems to be built very well and is very robust. I really want one!

here...wanna play with mine? its only about a month and a half old

acr.jpg

How soon is "soon"? I'm looking at buying a rifle fairly soon and have been looking at an ACR. Any idea on the price for the compliant model?

I did not ask how soon the AWB version will be out. I'll try to talk to someone who knows better on Monday. The basic model is selling for $2,300 in free states. It would be good to know of dealers in Mass who would import it. All the have to do to make it legal here is add a muzzle brake.

Back
Top Bottom