Burlington Concealed Carry BAN????

I was talking to a friend of mine today who said he heard that there was something in the Burlington, MA ByLaws that made carrying concealed an arrestable offense. He was most concerned with driving on Rt. 128 with a traffic stop.

I figure this is complete crap, but just wanted to confirm that.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Can a town in MA get away with banning all concealed carry within city limits? For drivers passing through on the highway?

Of course they can, if they get away with passing a bylaw. Mass Gen'l Court will accept any anti-gun bylaw with gratitude.

[video]https://youtu.be/xBdpINm9UBU[/video]

There are lots of confusing threads on NES, but this is by far the winner for this Year. Burlington where? Linky to something? WTF, over?

As was pointed out previously, this post is in the Massachusetts Gun Law forum. So the "where" is readily apparent.

If he's that concerned, have him take 495 or 93 to go the long way around Burlington. Or pay no attention to silly things he hears.

Although i am not that good at it I did a search in yahoo and google and did not find a thing about Burlington Mass. Burlington Vt however had lots to say about it back that was back in 2013 and 2014.

Even so, you are on 128 for like 30 seconds in driving through Burlington Mass. If you are that afraid of getting pulled over in Burlington Mass then do the speed limit on that part of 128.

Burlington is a green town and I would think during the LTC interview they would have mentioned that. They give unrestricted license without having to jump through hoops or write letters etc... The only thing they mentioned in the application interview was that you could not discharge a firearm in Burlington. We had been talking about hunting in the landlock forest and thats how it came up.

Of course they can, if they get away with passing a bylaw. Mass Gen'l Court will accept any anti-gun bylaw with gratitude.

There are limits to the amount of penalty a town can impose for an ordinance without a legislative approval for a home rule petition. The only gun related one I know if the Boston AW ban.

Gotta love NES, even a thread where the first post contains the phrase "I figure this is complete crap" garners over a dozen replies.

Even so, you are on 128 for like 30 seconds in driving through Burlington Mass. If you are that afraid of getting pulled over in Burlington Mass then do the speed limit on that part of 128.
The Massachusetts state police should've fought harder for exclusive rights to enforcement on limited access highways.

Burlington is a green town and I would think during the LTC interview they would have mentioned that. They give unrestricted license without having to jump through hoops or write letters etc... The only thing they mentioned in the application interview was that you could not discharge a firearm in Burlington. We had been talking about hunting in the landlock forest and thats how it came up.

Did he give you the same response they gave me when I inquired about bow hunting it 3 years ago.

Me - I see nothing in the town bylaws prohibiting bow hunting in the LL forest. Can I hunt there.
Cop - No you will need written permission from the town and they won't give it.
Me - I don't see that in the town bylaws.
Cop - Well you can't hunt there
Me - So what would happen if I did?
Cop - I would arrest you for trespassing.
Me - What about all the hikers and bikers?
Cop - That's different.
Me - OK thanks.

Back
Top Bottom