Bump Stocks Banned in MA??? No possession allowed, period.

You can give it away in the state of you wanted too, the goal being to keep them in the state to spite the gun grabbers.

You can keep it in the state but dont have to give it away. Meet a MA resident with a MG license in RI, CT or NH and sell it to them. Then you both drive back into subjugation.

- - - Updated - - -

When is the law effective? I missed that part.

No selling/buying/etc immediate.

Possession w/o MG license 90 days

The MA political machine ,fueled by the commie rag boston globe,

has the answers to stopping the mass murders of Las Vegas , and Texas ,

where is the genius quick fix for the New York City truck murders, oh all knowing Liz warren et al?

they skipped right over part 2.

The MA political machine ,fueled by the commie rag boston globe,

has the answers to stopping the mass murders of Las Vegas , and Texas ,

where is the genius quick fix for the New York City truck murders, oh all knowing Liz warren et al?

they skipped right over part 2.

As my wife said this morning, it's easier to defend against a guy with a gun than a guy with a bomb - or even say a guy with a fan and a bunch of fentanyl

I think someone should try to introduce language to change the penalty portion of this shitshow bill. Something like if the person in possession has an ltc or fid reduce the penalty to a misdemeanor with a fine and confiscation much like fire works and other contraband items now if the person is a prohibited person felon in possession during a nefarious activities go for a stiffer penalty . It seems every time we get a new gun law in this state the good guy walks away being a felon and a prohibited person. To impose a potential life sentence for a stupid piece of plastic or a trigger crank which hardly ever works is ludicrous. The problem is the left is trained to go for jugular on anything that is right leaning, but on the other hand they break federal law on a daily basis.

Exactly, that's the catch 22, you can't have a bump stock because it's a machine gun, therefore prohibited. Then, the clause in the law doesn't allow a person with a class 3 to have one due to the prohibition.

That's the way I'm reading it at least.

No, it is not "machine gun, therefore prohibited". It is "machine gun, therefore prohibited without a machine gun license". If your interpretation were correct, then a machine gun license would not allow you to possess a machine gun. Also, if your interpretation were correct, then an LTC would not allow you to possess a pistol.

So my only option is to take an angle grinder to it, I can't even have the grace period to sell it to someone out of state.

****ing perfect. I hate this piece of shit state.

No, it is not "machine gun, therefore prohibited". It is "machine gun, therefore prohibited without a machine gun license". If your interpretation were correct, then a machine gun license would not allow you to possess a machine gun. Also, if your interpretation were correct, then an LTC would not allow you to possess a pistol.

Except they made a specific section of the new law that the class 3 license doesn't cover bump stocks.

SECTION 21. Paragraph (o) of section 131 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by adding the following sentence:- Clauses (i) and (ii) of this paragraph shall not apply to bump stocks and trigger cranks.

ETA - it's going to be interesting to see what EOPPS puts out. This shit makes my head hurt for a lot of reasons.

Last edited:
I suspect this will be like 269-10(j).

There will be the actual law and the law as understood by police, with a distinct difference between the two.

Except they made a specific section of the new law that the class 3 license doesn't cover bump stocks.

ETA - it's going to be interesting to see what EOPPS puts out. This shit makes my head hurt for a lot of reasons.

See my post #42 for why I think this is not the correct interpretation.

If they didn't want possession of bump stocks and trigger cranks to be allowed at all for anyone regardless of licensing, then why bother with this nonsense of including them in the definition of "machine gun"? Just add another paragraph to Ch 140 Sec 131 that prohibits possession of bump stocks and trigger cranks. Then you don't have to muck with the definition of "machine gun", and you don't have to add that stupid exception to paragraph (o). You could even make the penalties exactly the same as for possessing a machine gun.

New Guy it is already illegal to own a wolf or a wolf hybrid in MA.
Section 77A. No person shall possess, sell, trade, breed, import, export or release a wild canid hybrid or wild felid hybrid, except as otherwise provided by rules and regulations of the division. Any mammal which is the offspring of the reproduction between any species of wild canid or hybrid wild canid and a domestic dog or hybrid wild canid, or is represented by its owner to be a wolf hybrid, coyote hybrid, coy dog or any other kind of wild canid hybrid, or which is the offspring of the reproduction between any species of wild felid or hybrid wild felid and a domestic cat or hybrid wild felid or is represented by its owner to be a wild felid hybrid. All mammals shall be considered to be wild mammals and subject to the provisions of this chapter.

You can keep it in the state but dont have to give it away. Meet a MA resident with a MG license in RI, CT or NH and sell it to them. Then you both drive back into subjugation.

- - - Updated - - -

No selling/buying/etc immediate.

Possession w/o MG license 90 days

Good point, the whole thing is silly.

... where is the genius quick fix for the New York City truck murders, oh all knowing Liz warren et al? ...

Easy peasy.

In Mass, the truck couldn't have gotten through inspection process because they broke it so badly.

Therefore, without an inspection sticker (or with the red R) the truck COULD NOT HAVE BEEN DRIVEN!

You're welcome.

What they are saying is "i own a bump fire stock, so issue me an MG license"
Isnt a valid reason.

Its at your CLEO discretion. You dont really need a C&R to be issued a MG license , its just an itemized reason to obtain one.

So let’s say you have an MG license and you own a bunch of bumpstocks (before the law was signed) and you put one of them on an AR: the bumpstock is a machine gun, but the guns it’s attached to is not?

Back
Top Bottom