• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bump Stocks Banned in MA??? No possession allowed, period.

Hope this isn't a dupe because I did check:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/11/03/gov-polito-signs-supplemental-budget-makes-mass-first-state-ban-bump-stocks/YK6clBXBbsKDz0Phg4Np6O/story.html

Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito signed a bill Friday that makes Massachusetts the first state in the nation to ban bump stocks.

The move means that it is now illegal to buy, sell, or offer to sell bump stocks effective immediately, according to the governor’s office. It will become unlawful to possess them in 90 days.

Bump stocks are devices that can be attached to a semiautomatic firearm to increase its firing speed.

simply amazing. They have no clue.

The move means that it is now illegal to buy, sell, or offer to sell bump stocks effective immediately, according to the governor’s office. It will become unlawful to possess them in 90 days.
The thread title is technically incorrect. Note that "possess" is not prohibited.

BUT, they have been redefined as "machine guns" so if you already own one, or are gifted one, you need a MA Machine Gun License.

“Governor Baker and Lieutenant Governor Polito support the Second Amendment to the Constitution and Massachusetts’ strict gun laws, including the ban on assault weapons and bump stocks, and are pleased that the commonwealth continues to lead in passing common sense reforms,” said Baker administration spokesman Brendan Moss in a statement.
That would look great in the sig lines of all the Baker supporters here.

“Governor Baker and Lieutenant Governor Polito support the Second Amendment to the Constitution and Massachusetts’ strict gun laws, including the ban on assault weapons and bump stocks, and are pleased that the commonwealth continues to lead in passing common sense reforms,” said Baker administration spokesman Brendan Moss in a statement.

They have no problem adopting the b.s. talking points of their supposed political opponents I see. Wonder if Maura's people wrote that for them.

29-santa-clarita-diet.w710.h473.jpg

I wonder if it hurts?

The operation to have 2 mouths, so you can speak out of both of them.

Wow... he supports something he wants to restrict. And he's never supported the Second Amendment. Baker's worse than the Democrats. You at least expect them to come after your gun rights, because they say so. He pretends to be your friend then conspires with the Dems and stabs you in the back. Let this be another lesson on the MA RINO Party (if you didn't get it after Romney and Brown).

Why is the Lt Gov signing bills? Where's the Gov?

He was out of state. California?

.........so does that mean they have to issue me a machine gun license!?!

Nope - They were kind enough to specifically exclude possession of a bump stock to be a reason for issuance. Need to be a collector or police instructor.

A nit-wit bimbo on the local fake news was saying you got 90 days to sell them out of state or turn them in. ????? #WTF

Unless you have an MG license or get one in 90 days (LOL) then that is correct.

Purchase, sale, and offering for sale (in MA) as of the time the Lt Gov signed on Friday is a felony. Possession, in 88 days, will also be a felony without an MG license.

Purchase, sale, and offering for sale (in MA) as of the time the Lt Gov signed on Friday is a felony. Possession, in 88 days, will also be a felony without an MG license.

FELONS IN WAITING... you guys just got another date to go along with 07/20.

Make sure conduct all sales transactions in Southern NH and then at least pretend to head north until you are sure you aren't being followed. Also, use the secret NES handshake to make sure it isn't a sting. If in doubt, ask for the secret NES code word also.

So, is possession of either plastic piece a felony? What if you "lose" the little square part? we've gone straight past ridiculous!

So, is possession of either plastic piece a felony? What if you "lose" the little square part? we've gone straight past ridiculous!

Ha, good point. Can we sell 80% bump stocks? Can we get an ATF ruling on that?

The thread title is technically incorrect. Note that "possess" is not prohibited.

BUT, they have been redefined as "machine guns" so if you already own one, or are gifted one, you need a MA Machine Gun License.

is there such a thing as a "MA machine gun license"?

How on earth is a piece of plastic, not capable of discharging a shot on its own, classified as a machine gun?

Because FY that's why.

I just assembled an AR as a Christmas present for my wife. It's beautiful. It's a LaRue upper parts kit, mated with a CMCTactical ambidextrous lower because she's left-handed. I think she's going to really enjoy shooting it.

And she can't take it to Connecticut because F us, that's why. Purchased the parts here legally, (it's not even an 80%, I 4473'd it through an FFL). It's not registered, nor register-able in Connecticut, so it can't go there. Because our elected representatives don't represent us.

That's why a couple pieces of plastic are now a machine gun in Massachusetts. Put an extra stitch on your belt loop.

is there such a thing as a "MA machine gun license"?

Yes, more specifically it is a "Resident License to Possess a Machine Gun". It looks like an LTC but has a green stripe across the top, hence the colloquial term "green card" you may hear from time to time.

I called Faker's office the other day and told the rep that if this was signed it would guarantee I'm not voting for the RINO's reelection so I'm going to follow through. If we're going to have a Dem governor then I may as well vote for the democrat honest enough to call himself one. Really, I'll prob just write in Ronald McDonald as I wouldn't be able to bring myself to actually vote for a dem.

Yea... I'm sure everyone who has one will run right out and get their green cards - which basically no police chief gives out. That's a great idea... Let's announce who has them, get denied a green card and then basically have told the state you're in felony violation of this Baker beaut....

Yea... I'm sure everyone who has one will run right out and get their green cards - which basically no police chief gives out. That's a great idea... Let's announce who has them, get denied a green card and then basically have told the state you're in felony violation of this Baker beaut....

Also the passed bill includes language which specifically excludes bump stocks from the eligible reasons for issuing a green card, so if you only want a green card to keep your bump stock you're SOL anyways.

He was out of state. California?

Nope - They were kind enough to specifically exclude possession of a bump stock to be a reason for issuance. Need to be a collector or police instructor.

Apply for C&R FFL 03 covers your collector requirement. Should be in around 3 weeks after you apply. Then apply to your local PD for MG license.

Also the passed bill includes language which specifically excludes bump stocks from the eligible reasons for issuing a green card, so if you only want a green card to keep your bump stock you're SOL anyways.

Mike, Where is this language? Is this the green card for “collectors” language?

I called Faker's office the other day and told the rep that if this was signed it would guarantee I'm not voting for the RINO's reelection so I'm going to follow through. If we're going to have a Dem governor then I may as well vote for the democrat honest enough to call himself one. Really, I'll prob just write in Ronald McDonald as I wouldn't be able to bring myself to actually vote for a dem.
This. If you can't vote for his opponent at least write in "anybody but Baker".

Back
Top Bottom