Bump stock taking letter

I was curious about this point. I don't have a "BS" but I have a MA-MG license, so I read to law to say that I may posses one if I so choose.
Laws are what they saw they are, so get those foolish thoughts out of your mind and be the good serf the State commands you to be.

For the record, I read it the same way.

The Founders would be shooting by now. Creem and Linsky need a pitchfork shoved up their ass.

Even if 1% of the gun owners in Mass (4,000) decided to start shooting, there is no way the 'authorities' could handle it. The United States has always been at the consent of the governed - I have reached the point I no longer consent. Leave me alone - I leave you alone, break that truce and all bets are off.

I got my letter. My wife said "I think this is Junk". I'm still amazed by the crap this AG is getting away with.

The AG had nothing to do with it. It’s MGL passed by the legislature and signed by Lt. Gov. (Baker was out of town.)

Two things could have happened:

The AG could have spoken up and pointed to the obvious 5th amendment violation and the inevitable lawsuit and the Governor could have not allowed Polito to sign it for the same reason.

Everyone in the commonwealth knows it’s a taking, but it’s bumpstocks.

The AG had nothing to do with it. It’s MGL passed by the legislature and signed by Lt. Gov. (Baker was out of town.)

Two things could have happened:

The AG could have spoken up and pointed to the obvious 5th amendment violation and the inevitable lawsuit and the Governor could have not allowed Polito to sign it for the same reason.

every time I read this, I get a little more reflux [angry]

and I got rid of my reflux after I dropped 60+

On other more liberal forums tons of people are ok with it because you are voluntarily giving the stock to the police. The alternative is moving it out of state or destroying it and since the PD isn't coming for it its not covered by a 5th violation.

Personally I think those people have been indulging too much on a federally prohibited but state permitted substance.

What still confuses me is that I sent, registered mail, my change of address to the three different places (IIRC...) I never got a return receipt but I sure as hell got this letter.

I've moved to NC. I still own my house in MA, so have not yet changed my address for my LTC (I did my driver's license). AFAIK, my LTC is still active and valid. No letter here for me or my wife (also LTC holder). I've seen others on this thread indicate they got theirs forwarded. I almost feel like I'm missing out on the fun. What gives?

I've moved to NC. I still own my house in MA, so have not yet changed my address for my LTC (I did my driver's license). AFAIK, my LTC is still active and valid. No letter here for me or my wife (also LTC holder). I've seen others on this thread indicate they got theirs forwarded. I almost feel like I'm missing out on the fun. What gives?
Soon(TM)

On other more liberal forums tons of people are ok with it because you are voluntarily giving the stock to the police. The alternative is moving it out of state or destroying it and since the PD isn't coming for it its not covered by a 5th violation.

Personally I think those people have been indulging too much on a federally prohibited but state permitted substance.

Curiously, the letter states, “should” turn them in. Not “shall.”

I asked a local police chief if he had received any instructions on what to do with them if/when people turn them in. He said no. I then suggested he revoke anyone's LTC who turns one in. They're clearly unsuitable. And then let's go shoot the new toy.

Anyone that does turn them in is not doing so voluntarily. They're doing so under the threat of force. It would only be voluntary if there were no consequences for not turning them in.

Anyone that does turn them in is not doing so voluntarily. They're doing so under the threat of force. It would only be voluntary if there were no consequences for not turning them in.

I don't care, call me a coward or whatever you want. I'm getting rid of mine in some manner. No way I can risk a break in or fire where the police are all over the place and find one and I end up in freaking jail with two kids. Sorry, guys, I won't be on the barricade over this one.

I don't care, call me a coward or whatever you want. I'm getting rid of mine in some manner. No way I can risk a break in or fire where the police are all over the place and find one and I end up in freaking jail with two kids. Sorry, guys, I won't be on the barricade over this one.

We don't care what you do with it, just don't hand it in to the cops.

Lay it flat on driveway...apply sledgehammer.

Or sell it to Pennypincher.

GF and I got ours today. And got one for someone else, but was addressed to my PO box. No idea who the guy is. Weird that they would send one to someone's former mailing address although its not surprising considering what a colossal clusterphuck the MIRCS system is. I think I'll use them as targets then burn them.

Give it to someone in a free state then. You could probably Karma it off no problem.

-Mike

I've seen this before

Gun-lines-firearm-gun-registration_1388417797521_4955477_ver1.0_640_480-620x463.jpg

Did they only send letters to people with ARs? Haven't received a letter - but then again I don't have an AR...

Back
Top Bottom