Building my 10/22 *Paint is done! Pictures on page 2*

used the same bbl on one of mine I built up a few years ago. Prefers the Federal Ultra Match or Wolf target stuff. Nickles at 100m! :)

DSC02680.jpg

DSC02682.jpg

Got the same stock in orange/black my son wants to use so I'll go with another WP bbl for his. Gonna try and work with WP for a little different look they think they can pull off. :)

Anyone got any ideas about how to paint a digi-cam style paint job????

Duke, I have a sign plotter/cutter. I bet we could cut a vinyl mask to do it. Find me a nice picture of digi cam on something that is flat and I'll see what I can do with it.
Rick<><

edit>>>>> Duke, PM me I found some in just a quick search that could be easy to use.

Last edited:
Duke, I have a sign plotter/cutter. I bet we could cut a vinyl mask to do it. Find me a nice picture of digi cam on something that is flat and I'll see what I can do with it.
Rick<><

edit>>>>> Duke, PM me I found some in just a quick search that could be easy to use.

ya good call. when i begin my 10/22 build i plan to do the same with my cutter, cut up a pattern with paint mask [grin]

Make sure you get paint for use on aluminum. You may wind up having to dust a light coat of etching primer on the scope since you have bare metal.

Either way I'd spray some adhesion promotor on the scope before laying down your base color. That will help the paint stick to any plastic surfaces.

These days there are several brands that offer adhesion and sealer/primer all in one shot.

plus one for what M4M said.

See here for my project that i used Bulldog Adhesion promotor on.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69274

The big brown truck dropped of a couple of prizes for me today:

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

Mueller APV 4.5-14x40 AO mounted by way of a LOW matte black DNZ Game Reaper.

ETA: More/better pics to follow.

Back
Top Bottom