• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Building a Glock questions

Gents, I am not the most versed in Mass gun law, nor am i well versed in the world of Glock so please forgive me if I spout farce [laugh]

I recently saw the Lone Wolf Timberwolf frame on their sight and was curious if you could build a gun from the ground up and have it work for mass. Was seriously considering the TW frame, G34 slide, and a match barrel for the build. I have always wanted a G34 but if i could build it myself i would love it even more.

Ideas? Thoughts? Qualms, quandaries, conundrums?

Dom

Find a dealer who will transfer the bare frame and you're pretty much set. You can buy all the rest of the parts you need online and have them shipped to your door. Once it's built up and capable of firing you'll need to do a FA-10.

Gents, I am not the most versed in Mass gun law, nor am i well versed in the world of Glock so please forgive me if I spout farce [laugh]

I recently saw the Lone Wolf Timberwolf frame on their sight and was curious if you could build a gun from the ground up and have it work for mass. Was seriously considering the TW frame, G34 slide, and a match barrel for the build. I have always wanted a G34 but if i could build it myself i would love it even more.

Ideas? Thoughts? Qualms, quandaries, conundrums?

Dom

I'm pretty sure thats a NO GO. The frame is considered the firearm and is surely not Mass compliant, and i would also have to say it wasn't manufactured before 10/98.

I'm sure someone smarter than me will chime in on this one, and will correct me if i'm wrong too.

I'm pretty sure thats a NO GO. The frame is considered the firearm and is surely not Mass compliant, and i would also have to say it wasn't manufactured before 10/98.

I'm sure someone smarter than me will chime in on this one, and will correct me if i'm wrong too.

In MA, a frame is not considered a firearm, so will not need to meet the EOPS and AG list BS. Federally, it is a firearm, and 4473 form needs to be done and transferred by a FFL. I'm sure there are some dealers that will want nothing to do with a handgun frame transfer, and others that will be more than happy to do it.

In MA, a frame is not considered a firearm, so will not need to meet the EOPS and AG list BS. Federally, it is a firearm, and 4473 form needs to be done and transferred by a FFL. I'm sure there are some dealers that will want nothing to do with a handgun frame transfer, and others that will be more than happy to do it.

So then a Glock frame is ok too???

Does the frame have to be void of all other parts or can it come as a complete frame??? If it cant come as a complete frame, can the parts be taken out of it and shipped seperately???

Lonewolf offers both stripped and built frames.

Let me get this straight.... If i bought a complete Gen 4 Glock frame and a complete Gen 4 Glock slide from the same website, i could have the frame transfered via FFL, and the slide right to my front door???? Finished product is a complete Gen 4 Glock????

True, but it depends on the MA-FFL dealer.

@ TheSAW249, Go in person to the dealer you intend to use and ASK them. Yes, MA does not consider it a firearm until it can fire a cartridge. But whether or not you get this is entirely up to the dealer doing the transfer.

just when you are talking to a dealer don't say GLOCK FRAME
say Timberwolf Frame by Lone Wolf
it might help not to scare them off right of the bet

- - - Updated - - -

i might try this trick myself with some small dealer not well versed in glock world.

From what I have read its really gun smith kits ie never put together. U can't have a buddy by it take it apart and send just the frame.

God I wish I had more shooting Friends
I'd kill for one of those .50ae 1911's

From what I have read its really gun smith kits ie never put together. U can't have a buddy by it take it apart and send just the frame.

God I wish I had more shooting Friends
I'd kill for one of those .50ae 1911's

A frame is a frame... doesn't matter if it used to be a gun.

Yeah and no.... I posted the same question a few weeks ago, remsport chimed in and a few other members.
If you can find a ffl that will help you, most likely they wont help with a frame that was all ready a gun... Really what the ffl is willing to do..
One thing that wasn't noted is some Ffl will try to fill out a f-10... This is a bigger problem if you wanted to make a ar pistole..

I am wondering how the quality is on these. Are they 100% interchangeable? Are they solid and proven? Interesting idea, and compelling.

Edit: I just went to their web site and didn't see anything compact, which is what I was looking for. All set for now.

Last edited:
Here's a photo of mine: I ran it for a few USPSA matches last year.

2012-08-04_20-29-19_586.jpg

The slide from my G22 (perfect change over). All internals are Glock Gen 3. Fit and finish are good; no complaints there. The only issue is the magwell. Lonewolf based the design off the lastest Gen Glock mags and pre bans will be tight. NFML will not drop free. I made the mag cutouts and Duracoated it in Combat Green. I prefer this back strap due to the size of my hands but it also comes with a straight 1911 style strap as well.

Let me get this straight.... If i bought a complete Gen 4 Glock frame and a complete Gen 4 Glock slide from the same website, i could have the frame transfered via FFL, and the slide right to my front door???? Finished product is a complete Gen 4 Glock????

Yes, you could, but most remote FFLs are going to tell you to go screw. Most are not in the business of taking guns apart, and this kind of thing is like step one in a book of "how not to get an FFL to ship something to MA."

-Mike

Yes there are FFL's in MA that will transfer a frame to you despite whether or not the final assembled product is "MA approved" or not. There is nothing in the state law that forbids the transfer of handgun frame or rifle receiver. Technically if the FFL goes by the actual law and doesn't make up their own then you don't even need to do a FA-10 to take possession of the frame or receiver from them. Some like Four Seasons incorrectly insist that they must do a FA-10 for a receiver transfer. Hmm lets see how do we fill out the form for a receiver? Barrel length ... I dunno .... caliber hmmm again I don't know. Pistol or rifle ... dunno.

Federally they must run you through the background check and file a 4473 as you would do with any other firearm purchase in MA. MA doesn't consider a frame or receiver to be a firearm so no MA check or paperwork is required.

I have personally purchased Glock frames and am currently building a Glock 34 clone on a Timerwolf frame (which I love and is awesome BTW). Both were transferred by a local FFL in compliance with actual state law. Do some research and call your local FFL's and ask them if they will transfer a frame for you. If they won't then that's their choice and they are trying to cover their butts and probably don't understand the actual laws. Not that I can really blame them in this state as our gun laws are confusing and they have a business they'd probably rather not lose due to EOPSS or the AG getting their panties in a bunch.

So in the end yes it's perfectly legal for them to transfer you any handgun frame and you can source the rest of the parts yourself and have them shipped to your doorstep by the delivery method of your choosing. However don't expect them all to want to help you when they have Glocks from the mid-late 90's that they're trying to sell for double what they're worth.

DISCLAIMER ... I was using Four Seasons as an example of doing something unnecessary that many FFL's do (FA-10 on receiver purchase). I am in no way singling them out or trying to bash them in any way. They run a great business but they're not my type of gun shop.

Just my $0.02 so YMMV.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the AWB is the bigger problem when building an AR pistol. The FA-10 should have zero impact on what you build.

Yes on an AR pistol you need to comply with the AWB. However use a polymer AR lower and polymer upper and you'll get under the weight requirement easily.

Here's a photo of mine: I ran it for a few USPSA matches last year.

2012-08-04_20-29-19_586.jpg

The slide from my G22 (perfect change over). All internals are Glock Gen 3. Fit and finish are good; no complaints there. The only issue is the magwell. Lonewolf based the design off the lastest Gen Glock mags and pre bans will be tight. NFML will not drop free. I made the mag cutouts and Duracoated it in Combat Green. I prefer this back strap due to the size of my hands but it also comes with a straight 1911 style strap as well.

I though the NFML mag's won't drop free in Glock frames either?

- - - Updated - - -

I am wondering how the quality is on these. Are they 100% interchangeable? Are they solid and proven? Interesting idea, and compelling.

Edit: I just went to their web site and didn't see anything compact, which is what I was looking for. All set for now.

Glockmeister has frames and slides for different models. What's available is hit or miss but you get them if you don't mind waiting. Frames will still have to go to a FFL so get that lined up first.

"I though the NFML mag's won't drop free in Glock frames either?"

The NFML are so damn tight I needed the relief cuts to rip them out. A pre ban fully loaded will have to be ripped out as well (the mags swell a good amount when stacked to to capacity).

Sorry for reviving a dead thread... but does anyone know/recommend an FFL who's easy to work with and willing to transfer a Glock frame without too much headache?

Back
Top Bottom