• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Brownells Gift Card?

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Has anyone else received an email from Bownells stating that you have sent a Brownells Gift Card?

Have not been able to contact yet them to verify it's real, not a scam.

I've been getting many dozens of "Gift Card" emails the past year or so. I'm guessing my email address got sold or hacked somewhere along the way. Check and see what the return email address says. I'm betting it says nothing about Brownell's.

Has anyone else received an email from Bownells stating that you have sent a Brownells Gift Card?

Have not been able to contact yet them to verify it's real, not a scam.

That you sent a gift card? That's a weird one. Most of the time it's "we're sending you a gift card--please verify your info", not the opposite.

Still probably phishing for info, dangling the thought of somehow being charged for a giftcard you didn't want as the bait.

I was so afraid of becoming a victim of scammers that I almost refused the real gift. I met a guy at a bar last weekend, and after the bar, he brought me home. We had a great time, but I forgot about him after a few days. One day, when I was at work, some guy called me and introduced himself as a courier for a gift store. I thought it was a scammer and hung up. A few minutes later, I got an email from the store: www.jetgiftbaskets.com. That email said, "your gift basket is waiting for you." I didn't pay attention to this letter, and after a while, I got a call from the guy at the bar. It turned out he had decided to surprise me. Lol.

I was so afraid of becoming a victim of scammers that I almost refused the real gift. I met a guy at a bar last weekend, and after the bar, he brought me home. We had a great time, but I forgot about him after a few days. One day, when I was at work, some guy called me and introduced himself as a courier for a gift store. I thought it was a scammer and hung up. A few minutes later, I got an email from the store: (URL DELETED) That email said, "your gift basket is waiting for you." I didn't pay attention to this letter, and after a while, I got a call from the guy at the bar. It turned out he had decided to surprise me. Lol.
Paging @drgrant This dude seems like a scammer.

I was so afraid of becoming a victim of scammers that I almost refused the real gift. I met a guy at a bar last weekend, and after the bar, he brought me home. We had a great time, but I forgot about him after a few days. One day, when I was at work, some guy called me and introduced himself as a courier for a gift store. I thought it was a scammer and hung up. A few minutes later, I got an email from the store: www.jetgiftbaskets.com. That email said, "your gift basket is waiting for you." I didn't pay attention to this letter, and after a while, I got a call from the guy at the bar. It turned out he had decided to surprise me. Lol.

WoW!

That may win the internet today for the all-time best first post on NES.

Back
Top Bottom