• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bright side to MA gun laws

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Have you ever added up the price of all the handguns you can't buy here in MA but would like to? It has probably saved me a couple of thousand dollars [thinking]

Have you ever added up the price of all the handguns you can't buy here in MA but would like to? It has probably saved me a couple of thousand dollars [thinking]

Nice thought, but for me that didn't work. See, I've managed to
get about 95% of the handguns I always wanted to buy, and 65%
of the time it ends up costing me more money. [laugh]
It all depends on how badly you want something. If you are
completely unwilling to pay an MA overprice, however so small,
then yeah, you'll save a lot of money. [wink]

I guess in another sense you're still probably right... being in
MA has hurt my buying power. If I calculate what I've spent
on "MA overprices" on handguns, I would have at least enough
money to buy a a nice S+W PC product, or enough cash to pay
the bulk of something like an Ed Brown 1911 or an SVI. So by being
an MA inmate, I'm "down by one" gun at least, if not more.

-Mike

Unless you absolutely HAVE to have one of those guns you can't buy - like the $795 Kel Tec P3AT I saw last time in West Springfield. Talk about a markup.

Supply and demand at work. In states without the silly restrictions on handguns those handguns are a lot cheaper to buy. If you look in Shotgun News you'll see what a gun like a 5906 brings at wholesale. Even adding in the markup, which a dealer I know tells me isn't that much, the price is a lot lower than you'd pay here.

Gary

Unless you absolutely HAVE to have one of those guns you can't buy - like the $795 Kel Tec P3AT I saw last time in West Springfield. Talk about a markup.

Tell me about it.... a Ruger Mk II for $425 at Marlborough Gun and Knife.... I paid $225.

The savings haven't been nearly worth the oppression suffered by Mass gun owners nor the loss of profit by Mass dealers nor the false empowerment that the former corrupt and psychotic AG felt by imposing HIS will and agenda on the citizens of this state.
I hope he suffers a very slow and extremely painful death for the fraud and misdeeds he perpetrated against the citizens of Massachusetts.

No, it's not a bright side. I enjoyed getting hosed $720+ for a Glock 29 that I saw brand new in Twin Falls, ID for $550 because it was here in the state before a certain date.

Joe R.

That costs me money because i pay a premium for ones that are already in the state. If I really want something I'll find a way of getting it. That usually means paying out the butt.

Back
Top Bottom